Features and Benefits
- Allows Safe Insertion into Live CompactPCI™ or PCI Express™ Backplane
- 8-Bit ADC Monitors Current and Voltage
- I2C™/SMBus Interface
- dI/dt Controlled Soft Start
- Simultaneous or Sequenced Turn-On
- ±20V Absolute Maximum Rating for ±12V Supplies
- No External Gate Capacitor Required
- Dual-Level Circuit Breaker and Current Limit
- Bus Precharge Output
- Power Good Input with Timeout
- Optional Latch-off or Autoretry After Faults
- Alerts Host After Faults
- Integrated LOCAL_PCI_RST# Logic
- 36-Pin SSOP and 38-Pin (5mm × 7mm) QFN Packages
The LTC4245 Hot Swap™ controller allows a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane in multiple supply systems such as CompactPCI and PCI Express. Using four external N-channel pass transistors, the board supply voltages can be ramped up at an adjustable rate and in any desired sequence. An I2C interface and on-board ADC allow monitoring of board current, voltage and fault status for each supply.
The device features adjustable dI/dt controlled soft start and foldback limited inrush current. A dual-level timed circuit breaker and fast current limit protect each supply against overcurrent faults. A power good input with timeout allows a downstream supply monitor to disconnect the board supplies. The device can be conﬁgured to function without a –12V supply or with an extra 3.3V supply instead of a 5V supply.
The controller has additional features to interrupt the host when a fault has occurred, notify when output power is good, detect insertion of a load card and power-up in either the on or off state.
- Live Board Insertion
- CompactPCI, CompactPCI Express, CompactTCA, PCI Express Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
Linduino is Analog Devices’ Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code for our integrated circuits. Each Linduino-supported product includes an example main program, defined in the LTSketchbook/Part Number folder and driver code, defined in the LTSketchbook/libraries folder.
Reference Designs (1)
Terasic DE10-Nano Kit
Terasic DE10-Nano Kit
Features & Benefits
- Analog Devices has worked closely with FPGA and processor manufacturers to develop verified power solutions that optimize cost, size and efficiency in high performance applications
- Our reference designs are supported by an intuitive design tool set and IP
- Our team can provide designs for quick prototypes that can speed time to market in the most complex applications
Product Selector Card (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.