Features and Benefits
- 144-lead CSP_BGA RoHS compliant package
- −40°C to +105°C industrial temperature range rating
- 3.3 V input/output buffers
- IEEE 802.3, 10 Mbps/100 Mbps, half and full duplex, IPv6 and IPv4 communication
- 2 independent Ethernet ports: 1 MII and 1 RMII interface per port
- Support for all industrial protocols
- PROFINET Class B and Class C with fast startup (Version 2.3)
- EtherNet/IP with QuickConnect, CIP Sync, and CIP Motion
- Modbus TCP
- Ethernet POWERLINK
- Host interface transfer rate: 32 bits per 28 ns
- Supports EtherCAT cycle times down to 12.5 μs and PROFINET cycle times down to 31.25 μs
- PI Net Load Class III capable
- DLR (supervisor and node, announce and beacon based), MRPD, HSR, PRP, shared device, controller redundancy
- IEEE 1588Version 2 support: ordinary clock; both peerto peer and end to end transparent clocks, raw frames, and UDP
- 8 independent timer signals synchronized with an internal precision timer
- 4 independently programmable timer signals for timer capture events or timer output events
- 4 timer signals create programmable periodic waveforms synchronized to the internal precision timer
- DCP, LLDP, DHCP, RSTP, VLAN, IGMP snooping support
- Forwarding table with aging and learning
- Drive LEDs for link activity
The fido5100 and fido5200 (REM switch) are programmable IEEE 802.3 10 Mbps/100 Mbps Ethernet Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) and Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) switches that support virtually any Layer 2 or Layer 3 protocol. The switches are personalized to support the desired protocol by firmware that is downloaded from a host processor.
The firmware is contained in the real-time Ethernet multiprotocol (REM) switch driver and is downloaded at power-up. The REM switch can be ready for network data operation in less than 4 ms to support fast startup and quick connect type network functionality. The REM switch devices have the same signal assignments as defined in this data sheet.
The fido5100 supports the following protocols: PROFINET real time (RT) and isochronous real time (IRT), EtherNet/IP with and without device level ring (DLR), Modbus TCP, and POWERLINK.
The fido5200 supports the following protocols: EtherCAT and all protocols defined for the fido5100.
The REM switch is intended for use with a host processor. Network operation is handled using the functions and services provided in the REM switch driver. The host processor can implement any protocol stack by integrating it with the REM switch driver. An example application is shown in Figure 11.
The REM switches are available in a 144-ball chip scale package ball grid array (CSP_BGA) package.
Note that throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as A02/ALE, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, ALE, when only that function is relevant.
- Industrial automation
- Process control
- Managed Ethernet switch
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (20)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.