Features and Benefits
- Dual channel, simultaneous sampling, 16-bit, Σ-Δ ADCs
- Programmable ADC throughput from 1 Hz to 8 kHz
- On-chip 5 ppm/°C voltage reference
- Current channel
Fully differential, buffered input
Programmable gain from 1 to 512
ADC input range: −200 mV to +300 mV
Digital comparators, with current accumulator feature
- Voltage channel
Buffered, on-chip attenuator for 12 V battery inputs
- Temperature channel
External and on-chip temperature sensor options
- ARM7TDMI® core, 16-/32-bit RISC architecture
- 20.48 MHz PLL with programmable divider
- PLL input source
On-chip precision oscillator
On-chip low power oscillator
External (32.768 kHz) watch crystal
- JTAG port supports code download and debug
- 96-kB Flash/EE memory, 6-kB SRAM
- 10,000-cycle Flash/EE endurance, 20-year Flash/EE retention
- In-circuit download via JTAG and LIN
- SAEJ2602/LIN 1.3/LIN 2.0-compatible (slave) support via UART with hardware synchronization
- Flexible wake-up I/O pin, master/slave SPI® serial I/O
- 9-pin GPIO port, 3× general-purpose timers
- Wake-up and watchdog timers
- Power supply monitor, on-chip power-on-reset
- Operates directly from 12 V battery supply
- Current consumption
Normal mode 10 mA at 10 MHz
Low power monitor mode
- 48-lead, 7 mm × 7 mm LFCSP
- Fully specified for −40°C to +115°C operation
The ADuC7036 is a complete system solution for battery monitoring in 12 V automotive applications. These devices integrate all of the required features to precisely and intelligently monitor, process, and diagnose 12 V battery parameters including battery current, voltage, and temperature over a wide range of operating conditions.
Minimizing external system components, the device is powered directly from the 12 V battery. An on-chip, low dropout regulator generates the supply voltage for three integrated, 16-bit, Σ-Δ ADCs. The ADCs precisely measure battery current, voltage, and temperature to characterize the state of health and charge of the car battery.
TA Flash/EE memory-based ARM7™ microcontroller (MCU) is also integrated on-chip. It is used to both preprocess the acquired battery variables and to manage communications from the ADuC7036 to the main electronic control unit (ECU) via a local interconnect network (LIN) interface that is integrated onchip.
Both the MCU and the ADC subsystem can be individually configured to operate in normal or flexible power saving modes of operation.
- Battery sensing/management for automotive systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Development system for evaluation of the ADuC7036, complete system solution for battery monitoring in 12 V automotive applications.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.