New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Operates from 6 GHz to 18 GHz
- 25 dBm typical transmit state PSAT
- 22 dB typical transmit state small signal gain
- 18 dB typical receive state small signal gain
- 2.5 dB typical receive state noise figure
- Coupled power amplifier output for power detection
The ADTR1107 is a compact, 6 GHz to 18 GHz, front-end IC with an integrated power amplifier, low noise amplifier (LNA), and a reflective single-pole double-throw (SPDT) switch. These integrated features make the device ideal for phased array antenna and radar applications. The front-end IC offers 25 dBm of saturated output power (PSAT) and 22 dB small signal gain in transmit state, and 18 dB small signal gain and 2.5 dB noise figure in receive state. The device has a directional coupler for power detection. The input/outputs (I/Os) are internally matched to 50 Ω. The ADTR1107 is supplied in a 5 mm × 5 mm, 24-terminal, land grid array (LGA) package.
- Phased array antenna
- Military radar
- Weather radar
- Communication links
- Electronic warfare
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADTR1107-EVAL evaluation board consists of a two-layer printed circuit board (PCB) fabricated from a 10 mil thick, Rogers 4350B copper clad mounted to an aluminum heat sink. The heat sink assists in providing thermal relief to the device as well as mechanical support to the PCB. Mounting holes on the heat sink allow attachment to larger heat sinks for improved thermal management.
The TX_IN, ANT, RX_OUT, and CPLR_OUT ports are populated by 2.9 mm, female coaxial connectors. The respective RF traces of the ports have a 50 Ω characteristic impedance. The ADTR1107-EVAL is populated with components suitable for use over the −40°C to +85°C operating temperature range of the ADTR1107. To calibrate board trace losses, a through calibration path is provided. However, to use the through calibration path, users must install and populate the path with RF connectors.
Access to drain, ground, and gate control voltages is through two, 24-pin headers.
RF traces are 50 Ω grounded, coplanar waveguide. Package ground leads and the exposed paddle connect directly to the ground plane. Multiple vias connect the top and bottom ground planes with particular focus on the area directly beneath the ground paddle to provide adequate electrical conduction and thermal conduction to the heat sink.
For more information about the ADTR1107, refer to the ADTR1107 data sheet. Consult the ADTR1107 data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the ADTR1107-EVAL evaluation board.
X-Band Phased Array Platform
The X-Band Development Platform contains one MxFE® software defined, direct RF sampling transceivers, X-Band to C-Band Up/Down Converter, and a X/Ku Band analog phased array proto-typing platform. The target application is phased array radars, electronic warfare, and ground-based SATCOM, specifically a X Band 32 transmit/32 receive channel hybrid beamforming phased array radar.
The X-Band Development Platform highlights a complete system solution. It is intended as a testbed for demonstrating hybrid beamforming phased array radar as well as the implementation of system level calibrations, beamforming algorithms, and other signal processing algorithms. The system is designed to mate with a ZCU102 Evaluation Board from Xilinx®, which features the Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC FPGA, with provided reference software, HDL code, and MATLAB system-level interfacing software.
The system can be used to enable quick time-to-market development programs for applications like:
- ADEF (Phased-Array, RADAR, EW, SATCOM)
- Hybrid Beamforming
- Electronic Test and Measurement
Features & BenefitsStingray X/Ku Phased Array Proto-typing Board
- 32 Channel Analog Phased Array Prototyping Platform
- 8x ADAR1000 Analog Phased Array Beamforming ICs
- 32x ADTR Transmit/Receive ICs
- RF In, RF Out Design
- Individual RFIO for each BFIC
- 10 GHz Lattice Spacing
- Stand-Alone RF Detector/ADC Combo for Calibration
- PMOD and SDP Connectors for Programming
- On-Board Power Regulation from Single 12V Power Adapter (Included)
XUD1A X/C Band Up/Down Converter
- X Band (RF) to C Band (IF) up/down converter
- 4 TX/RX RF Input/Output via SMA
- 4 TX IF Inputs via SMPM
- 4 RX IF Output via SMPM
- External LO or Internal PLL Options
- PMOD Connector for Programming
- Interposer Board via PMOD to allow SDP and FMC Connectors for Programming
- On-Board Power Regulation from Single 12V Power Adapter (Included)
MxFE Evaluation Board
- Mates with Xilinx ZCU102 Evaluation Board (Not Included)
- 4x RF Receive (Rx) Channels (8x Digital Rx Channels)
- Total 4x 12-bit 4GSPS ADC
- 8x Digital Down Converters (DDCs), Each Including Complex Numerically-Controlled Oscillators (NCOs)
- 8x Programmable Finite Impulse Response Filters (pFIRs)
- 4x RF Transmit (Tx) Channels (8x Digital Tx Channels)
- Total 4x 16-bit 12GSPS DAC
- 8x Digital Up Converters (DUCs), Each Including Complex Numerically-Controlled Oscillators (NCOs)
- Flexible Clock Distribution
- On-Board Clock Distribution from Single External 500MHz Reference
- Support for External Converter Clock
- On-Board Power Regulation Powered by ZCU102 Evaluation Board via FMC Connector
Software Features and Benefits
Easy Control Tools and Platform Interfaces to Simplify Software Framework Developments:
- MATLAB System Applications GUI
- Example HDL Builds including JESD204b/JESD204c Bring-Up
- Embedded Software Solutions for Linux and Device Drivers
Software Reference Design Examples for ADEF Applications to Reduce Prototyping Time:
- Hybrid Beamsteering Capability
- System Phase Calibration
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.