Features and Benefits
- Precision 1.200 V Voltage Reference
- Ultracompact 3 mm x 3 mm SOT-23 Package
- No External Capacitor Required
- Low Output Noise: 4 µV p-p (0.1 Hz to 10 Hz)
- Initial Accuracy: ±0.3% Max
- Temperature Coefficient: 60 ppm/°C Max
- Operating Current Range: 100 µA to 10 mA
- Output Impedance: 0.3 Ω Max
- Temperature Range: –40°C to +85°C
Designed for space critical applications, the ADR512 is a low voltage (1.200 V), precision shunt-mode voltage reference in the ultracompact (3 mm x 3 mm) SOT-23 package. The ADR512 features low temperature drift (60 ppm/ºC), high accuracy (±0.30%), and ultralow noise (4 µV p-p) performance.
The ADR512's advanced design eliminates the need for an external capacitor, yet it is stable with any capacitive load. The minimum operating current increases from a scant 100 µA to a maximum of 10 mA. This low operating current and ease of use make the ADR512 ideally suited for handheld battery-powered applications.
A TRIM terminal is available on the ADR512 to provide adjustment of the output voltage over ±0.5% without affecting the temperature coefficient of the device. This feature provides users with the flexibility to trim out any system errors.
- Precision Data Acquisition Systems
- Battery-Powered Equipment:
Cellular Phone, Notebook Computer, PDA, and GPS
- 3 V/5 V, 8-/12-Bit Data Converters
- Portable Medical Instruments
- Industrial Process Control Systems
- Precision Instruments
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD-M2KPWR-EBZ is an ADALM2000 add-on board which increases the output current capability up to 700mA. This board can be also used as a standalone benchtop power supply with positive and negative outputs.
The AD-M2KPWR-EBZ is a USB Type C powered board capable to increase the output current of ADALM2000’s power supplies.
- USB type C: 4 – 18 V (validated with RPI USB-C power supply - not provided in the kit), 20W (power supply permitting)
- External (screw terminal connector): 4.5–18V; 20W (power supply permitting)
Switching between the inputs is done with a jumper.
Outputs: (2 control modes)
- Two variable power supplies that track M2K user supplies:
- 0V to 5V (400mA in USB power mode)
- –5V to 0V (400mA in USB power mode)
- Two variable power supplies, controlled from a potentiometer
- 1.5V to 15V (up to 700mA if powered with 18V)
- –15V to –1.5V (up to 700mA if powered with 18V)
- General-purpose electronic systems
- Educational applications
- Automated test equipment
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.