Features and Benefits
- In-run bias stability, 4°/hour
- Autonomous operation and data collection
- No external configuration commands required
- Start-up time: 180 ms; sleep mode recovery: 2.5 ms
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to + 70°C
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Wide bandwidth: 380 Hz
- Embedded temperature sensor
- See datasheet for additional features
The ADIS16136 iSensor® MEMS Gyroscope is a high performance, digital gyroscope sensing system that operates autonomously and requires no user configuration to produce accurate rate sensing data. It provides performance advantages with low noise density, wide bandwidth, and excellent in-run bias stability, which are enabling for applications such as platform control, navigation, robotics, and medical instrumentation.
This sensor system combines industry leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes the entire sensor signal chain for sensitivity and bias over a temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. As a result, each ADIS16136 has its own unique correction formulas to produce accurate measurements upon installation. For some systems, the factory calibration eliminates the need for system level calibration and greatly simplifies it for others.
The ADIS16136 provides data at rates of up to 2048 SPS and offers an averaging/decimation filter structure for optimizing noise/bandwidth trade-offs. The serial peripheral interface (SPI) and user register structure provide easy access to configuration controls and calibrated sensor data for embedded processor platforms.
The 36 mm × 44 mm × 14 mm package provides four holes for simple mechanical attachment, using M2 (or 2-56 standard size) machine screws along with a standard 24-pin, dual row, 1 mm pitch connector that supports electrical attachment to a printed circuit board (PCB) or cable system. The ADIS16136 provides an operating temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Precision instrumentation
- Platform stabilization and control
- Industrial vehicle navigation
- Downhole instrumentation
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (3)
This adaptor board allows for easy plug and play connection of Analog Devices Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) devices to the Raspberry Pi platform, providing application and software development.
There are two ways in which to connect your IMU to this adaptor board.
- Direct board mounting using the screws and mounting locations provided.
- Mount the IMU to a separate ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ or ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ breakout board and use the flexible 16-position ribbon cable to the EVAL-ADISIMU1-RPIZ.
This helps both software development as well as enabling real world application verification with the ability to physically move the sensor.
Features & Benefits
- Simplifies software and application prototyping of IMU’s on Raspberry Pi Platform
- Direct mounting for software development
- Ribbon cable mounting for application testing and verification
- Connects to ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ and ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ compatible IMU devices
- Connectable to Raspberry Pi 3B+ and 4 through the 40pin GPIO connector
The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 is the latest addition to the iSensor evaluation portfolio and was designed from the ground up to provide users with an easy-to-use solution for capturing reliable inertial data in lab and characterization environments. The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 incorporates the ability to capture inertial sensor data at maximum throughput while interfacing with external test equipment and reacting to external triggers.
In addition to launching a redesigned hardware platform, we’ve also developed a robust API that allows users to quickly build custom applications that capture reliable sensor data. We’ve included many useful features into the API that enable designers to characterize sensor performance in any .NET compatible environment.
- Inertial sensing
- Autonomous driving
- Platform stabilization
Features & Benefits
- Real-time sampling of IMU at full sample rate with no loss of data guaranteed.
- No external power needed. (Can be powered from USB port.)
- Completely open source API, Firmware, and Evaluation GUI.
- Schematics available
- API includes a wrapper library for interfacing to MATLAB, Python, LabView.
The ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ is a breakout board for many of the ADIS16xxx IMU and gyroscope products. It provides a series of tapped M2x0.4mm machine screw holes to support direct-mounting with several different package styles, along with a 16-pin, dual-row, 2mm connect interface that supports simple connection with remote processor boards, using up to 12 inches of a 1mm ribbon cable.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.