Features and Benefits
- 10BASE-T1L IEEE Standard 802.3cg-2019 compliant
- Cable reach up to 1700 m
- Integrated switch with SPI
- Supports OPEN Alliance 10BASE-T1x MACPHY SPI
- Frame forwarding rules between ports and host
- 16 MAC address filters
- High and low priority queues with 28 kB buffer
- Cut through or store and forward operation
- IEEE 1588 timestamp support
- Statistic counters
- Low power consumption: 77 mW (dual supply, 1.0 V p-p)
- Supports 1.0 V p-p and 2.4 V p-p transmit levels
- 2-pin MDI (receive, transmit)
- Internal termination resistors
- Autonegotiation capability
- Cable fault detection with TDR
- Link quality indicator with MSE
- Link diagnostics and IEEE test modes
- 25 MHz crystal or external clock input
- Single or dual supply with 1.8 V or 3.3 V operation
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) test standards
- IEC 61000-4-4 electrical fast transient (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (±4 kV contact discharge)
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (±8 kV air discharge)
- IEC 61000-4-6 conducted immunity (10 V/m)
- IEC 61000-4-5 surge (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-3 radiated immunity (Class A)
- EN55032 radiated emissions (Class B)
- Small package: 48-lead, 7 mm × 7 mm LFCSP
- Temperature range
- Industrial: −40°C to +85°C
- Extended: −40°C to +105°C
The ADIN2111 is a low power, 2-port 10BASE-T1L transceiver designed for industrial Ethernet applications, and is compliant with the IEEE® 802.3cg-2019™ Ethernet standard for long reach, 10 Mbps single pair Ethernet (SPE). Featuring an integrated media access control (MAC) and a switch, the ADIN2111 enables direct connectivity with a variety of controllers via a serial peripheral interface (SPI). The switch (cut through or store and forward) supports various routing configurations between the two Ethernet ports and the SPI host port providing a flexible solution for line, daisy-chain, or ring network topologies.
The ADIN2111 can be used in unmanaged configurations where the device automatically forwards the traffic between the two Ethernet ports.
The device integrates the switch, two Ethernet physical layer (PHY) cores with a MAC interface and all the associated analog circuitry, and input and output clock buffering. The device also includes internal buffer queues, the SPI and subsystem registers, as well as the control logic to manage the reset and clock control and hardware pin configuration.
The ADIN2111 has an integrated voltage supply monitoring circuit and power-on reset (POR) circuitry to improve system level robustness. The 4-wire SPI for communication with the host can be configured to OPEN Alliance SPI or generic SPI. Both modes support optional data protection or cyclic redundancy check (CRC).
- Building automation and fire safety
- Factory automation
- Condition monitoring and machine connectivity
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADIN2111EBZ is a flexible platform enabling quick evaluation of the ADIN2111, robust, low power 10BASE-T1L 2-Port Ethernet switch. The evaluation board provides 2 10BASE-T1L channels with 10Mbit per second Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) connections reaching up to 1.7km of link distance. The ADIN2111 internal switch can be configured in store and forward mode between the two 10BASE-T1L channels and the SPI host. Cut through mode is also available between Port 1 and Port 2 and can be used without the need of the SPI host (unmanaged configuration).
The evaluation board offers two modes of operation for maximum flexibility: Connected to a PC via USB port, the full set of ADIN2111 register settings and features such as link quality monitoring and diagnostics can be accessed over the USB using the serial command interface implemented in the evaluation firmware.
Alternatively, the board can operate in cut-through mode between Port 1 and Port 2 (unmanaged configuration without firmware) where the EVAL-ADIN2111EBZ acts as a network switch forwarding packets between the 2x 10BASE-T1L ports. The 2x links are configured by setting the ADIN2111 hardware configuration pins jumper and switches. The 2x On-board Activity LEDs provide Link activity status indication for each port.
Custom firmware can also be developed and the ADIN2111 driver support package includes simple project examples to start a custom implementation.
The SPI interface provides access to the management registers required for the switch configuration, the 2 PHYs configuration and data exchange between SPI host and ports.
Features & Benefits
- User friendly access to all ADIN2111 features
- Stand-alone hardware configured operation
- On-board ARM Cortex-M4 STM32L4S5QII3P ultra-low-power Microcontroller
Documentation & Resources
EVAL-ADIN2111 User Guide12/22/2021WIKI
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
EVAL-ADIN1100EBZ IEEE-1588 PTP
6 week(s) ago in Physical Layer Devices
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.