Features and Benefits
- High accuracy, surpasses 50 Hz/60 Hz IEC 687/IEC 1036
- Less than 0.1% error over a dynamic range of 500 to 1
- Supplies active power on the frequency outputs, F1 and F2
- High frequency output CF is intended for calibration and supplies instantaneous active power
- Synchronous CF and F1/F2 outputs
- Logic output REVP provides information regarding the sign of the active power
- Direct drive for electromechanical counters and 2-phase stepper motors (F1 and F2)
- Programmable gain amplifier (PGA) in the current channel facilitates usage of small shunts and burden resistors
- Proprietary ADCs and DSPs provide high accuracy over large variations in environmental conditions and time
- On-chip power supply monitoring
- On-chip creep protection (no load threshold)
- On-chip reference 2.5 V ± 8% (30 ppm/°C typical) with external overdrive capability
- Single 5 V supply, low power (15 mW typical)
- Low cost CMOS process
The ADE7755 is a high accuracy electrical energy measurement IC. The part specifications surpass the accuracy requirements as quoted in the IEC 1036 standard.
The only analog circuitry used in the ADE7755 is in the ADCs and reference circuit. All other signal processing (for example, multiplication and filtering) is carried out in the digital domain. This approach provides superior stability and accuracy over extremes in environmental conditions and over time.
The ADE7755 supplies average active power information on the low frequency outputs, F1 and F2. These logic outputs can be used to directly drive an electromechanical counter or interface to an MCU. The CF logic output gives instantaneous active power information. This output is intended to be used for calibration purposes or for interfacing to an MCU.
The ADE7755 includes a power supply monitoring circuit on the AVDD supply pin. The ADE7755 remains in a reset condition until the supply voltage on AVDD reaches 4 V. If the supply falls below 4 V, the ADE7755 resets and no pulse is issued on F1, F2, and CF.
Internal phase matching circuitry ensures that the voltage and current channels are phase matched whether the HPF in Channel 1 is on or off. An internal no load threshold ensures that the ADE7755 does not exhibit any creep when there is no load.
The ADE7755 is available in a 24-lead SSOP package.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Application Notes (2)
Technical Articles (9)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.