Features and Benefits
- Qualified for automotive applications
- High performance SigmaDSP core enables low latency and audio applications
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- Echo-Canceller and Noise Reduction (ECNR)
- Surround sound algorithms
- Features SigmaStudio, a proprietary graphical Integrated Development Environment (IDE), for the development of custom signal flows
- Comprehensive Toolbox of pre-defined building blocks
- Faster design time with proven solutions
- Intuitive system design
- 294.912 MHz, 32-bit SigmaDSP core at 1.2 V
- 24 kWords of program memory
- 80 kWords of parameter/data RAM
- 6144 SIMD instructions per sample at 48 kHz
- 1600 ms digital audio delay pool at 48 kHz
- Audio I/O and routing
- 4 serial input ports, 4 serial output ports
- 48-channel, 32-bit digital I/O up to a sample rate of 192 kHz
- Flexible configuration of I2S, left and right justified, and up to 16-channel TDM formats on serial data pins
- 8 stereo ASRCs from 1:8 up to 7.75:1 ratio and 139 dB dynamic range
- Stereo S/PDIF input and output at 192 kHz
- Four PDM microphone input channels
- Multichannel, byte addressable TDM serial ports
- Clock oscillator for generating master clock from crystal
- Integer PLL and flexible clock generators
- Integrated die temperature sensor
- I2C and SPI control interfaces (both slave and master)
- Standalone operation
- Self-boot from serial EEPROM
- 6-channel, 10-bit SAR auxiliary control ADC
- 14 multipurpose pins for digital controls and outputs
- On-chip regulator for generating 1.2 V from 1.8 V to 3.3 V supply
- 72-lead, 10 mm × 10 mm LFCSP package with 5.3 mm exposed pad
- Temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
The ADAU1462/ADAU1466 are automotive qualified audio processors that far exceed the digital signal processing capabilities of earlier SigmaDSP® devices. They are pin and register compatible with each other, as well as with the ADAU1450/ADAU1451/ADAU1452 SigmaDSP processors. The restructured hardware architecture is optimized for efficient audio processing. The audio processing algorithms support a seamless combination of stream processing (sample by sample), multirate processing, and block processing paradigms. The SigmaStudio™ graphical programming tool enables the creation of signal processing flows that are interactive, intuitive, and powerful. The enhanced digital signal processor (DSP) core architecture enables some types of audio processing algorithms to be executed using significantly fewer instructions than were required on previous SigmaDSP generations, leading to vastly improved code efficiency.
The 1.2 V, 32-bit DSP core can run at frequencies of up to 294.912 MHz and execute up to 6144 SIMD instructions per sample at the standard sample rate of 48 kHz. Powerful clock generator hardware, including a flexible phase-locked loop (PLL) with multiple fractional integer outputs, supports all industry standard audio sample rates. Nonstandard rates over a wide range can generate up to 15 sample rates simultaneously. These clock generators, along with the on board asynchronous sample rate converters (ASRCs) and a flexible hardware audio routing matrix, make the ADAU1462/ADAU1466 ideal audio hubs that greatly simplify the design of complex multirate audio systems.
The ADAU1462/ADAU1466 interface with a wide range of analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), digital audio devices, amplifiers, and control circuitry with highly configurable serial ports, I2C, serial peripheral interface (SPI), Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format (S/PDIF) interfaces, and multipurpose input/output (I/O) pins. Dedicated decimation filters can decode the pulse code modulation (PDM) output of up to four MEMS microphones.
Independent slave and master I2C/SPI control ports allow the ADAU1462/ADAU1466 to be programmed and controlled by an external master device such as a microcontroller, and to program and control slave peripherals directly. Self boot functionality and the master control port enable complex standalone systems.
The power efficient DSP core can execute at high computational loads while consuming only a few hundred milliwatts (mW) in typical conditions. This relatively low power consumption and small footprint make the ADAU1462/ADAU1466 ideal replacements for large, general-purpose DSPs that consume more power at the same processing load.
- Automotive audio processing
- Head units
- Distributed processors
- Rear seat entertainment systems
- Trunk amplifiers
- Commercial and professional audio processing
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This device is suitable for evaluation of, and software development for, the ADAU1466 and ADAU1462 SigmaDSP processors. Note that the ADAU1466 and the ADAU1462 are functionally identical, except that the ADAU1466 has more program and data memory than the ADAU1462. When using this evaluation board to evaluate the ADAU1462, in the Setting Up Communications in SigmaStudio section, select the ADAU1462
block rather than the ADAU1466. Performing this action informs the compiler to limit the amount of memory allocated to match the ADAU1462. All other procedures and instructions in the user guide are identical for the ADAU1462 and ADAU1466.
This evaluation board provides access to the digital serial audio ports of the ADAU1466, as well as some of its general-purpose input/outputs (GPIOs). Analog input and output is provided by the AD1938 codec that is included in the evaluation kit. The ADAU1466 core is programmed using Analog Devices, Inc., SigmaStudio® software, which interfaces to the evaluation board via a USB interface (USBi). The on-board EEPROM can be programmed for self boot mode. The evaluation board is powered by a 6 V dc supply, which is regulated to the voltages required on the board. The printed circuit board (PCB) is a 4-layer design, with a ground plane and a power plane on the inner layers. The evaluation board includes connectors for external analog inputs and outputs, and optical Sony/Philips Digital Interface (S/PDIF) interfaces. The master clock is provided by the integrated oscillator circuit and the on-board 12.288 MHz passive crystal.
For full details, see the ADAU1466 and AD1938 data sheets, which must be used in conjunction with the user guide (UG-1135) when using the evaluation board. EVAL-ADAU1466 requires SigmaStudio software version 3.15 or later.
Software & Systems Requirements
Software Development Tools
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.