New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Dual DPLL synchronizes 1 Hz to 750 MHz physical layer clocks, providing frequency translation with jitter cleaning of noisy references
- Complies with ITU-T G.8262 and Telcordia GR-253
- Supports Telcordia GR-1244, ITU-T G.812, ITU-T G.813, ITU-T G.823, ITU-T G.824, ITU-T G.825, and ITU-T G.8273.2
- Continuous frequency monitoring and reference validation for frequency deviation as low as 50 ppb (5 × 10−8)
- Both DPLLs feature a 24-bit fractional divider with 24-bit programmable modulus
- Programmable digital loop filter bandwidth: 10−4Hz to 1850Hz
- 2 independent, programmable auxiliary NCOs (1 Hz to 65,535 Hz, resolution < 1.37 × 10−12 Hz), suitable for IEEE 1588 Version 2 servo feedback in PTP applications
- Automatic and manual holdover and reference switchover, providing zero delay, hitless, or phase buildout operation
- Programmable priority-based reference switching with manual, automatic revertive, and automatic nonrevertive modes supported
- 5 pairs of clock output pins with each pair usable as differential LVDS/HCSL/CML or as 2 single-ended outputs (1 Hz to 500 MHz)
- 2 differential or 4 single-ended input references
- Crosspoint mux interconnects reference inputs to PLLs
- Supports embedded (modulated) input/output clock signals
- Fast DPLL locking modes
- Provides internal capability to combine the low phase noise of a crystal resonator or crystal oscillator with the frequency stability and accuracy of a TCXO or OCXO
- External EEPROM support for autonomous initialization
- Single 1.8 V power supply operation with internal regulation
- Built in temperature monitor and alarm and temperature compensation for enhanced zero delay performance
The AD9545 supports existing and emerging International Telecommunications Union (ITU) standards for the delivery of frequency, phase, and time of day over service provider packet networks, including ITU-G.8262, ITU-T G.812, ITU-T G.813, ITU-T G.823, ITU-T G.824, ITU-T G.825, and ITU-T G.8273.2.
The 10 clock outputs of the AD9545 are synchronized to any one of up to four input references. The digital phase-locked loops (DPLLs) reduce timing jitter associated with the external references. The digitally controlled loop and holdover circuitry continuously generate a low jitter output signal, even when all reference inputs fail.
The AD9545 is available in a 48-lead LFCSP (7 mm × 7 mm) package and operates over the −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
Note that throughout the data sheet, multifunction pins, such as SDO/M5, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, M5, when only that function is relevant.
- Global positioning system (GPS), PTP (IEEE 1588), and synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) jitter cleanup and synchronization
- Optical transport networks (OTN), synchronous digital hierarchy (SDH), and macro and small cell base stations
- Small base station clocking, including baseband and radio
- Stratum 2, Stratum 3e, and Stratum 3 holdover, jitter cleanup, and phase transient control
- JESD204B support for analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and digital-to-analog converter (DAC) clocking
- Cable infrastructures
- Carrier Ethernet
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The AD9545 evaluation board is a compact, easy-to-use platform for evaluating all features of the AD9545 dual digital PLL and 1 pps synchronizer. The AD9545 provides high-precision, multi-output clock generator functions, along with two on-chip jitter cleaning digital PLL cores. PLL0 and PLL1 are optimized for high performance synchronous clocking applications such as GPS, IEEE1588v2, Synchronous Ethernet, OTN, and next generation wireless baseband protocols. The PLLs are fully configurable via serial port control as well as configurable via an external EEPROM for power on ready configurations.
The AD9545 can output up to 5 differential clock signals, plus two single-ended clocks driven by a mix of two high performance digital PLLs, plus two high-precision NCOs (numerically controlled oscillators). 12 total outputs and 4 reference inputs are accessible on the evaluation board.
The output differential transmission line pairs use 50Ω single ended characteristic impedance and are connected to standard edge launch SMA connectors. The AD9545/PCBZ has a fully configurable power supply to allow the user to evaluate the AD9545 while being powered directly by a step down switching regulator or external LDOs. The AD9545 evaluation board uses RoHS-compliant FR-4 material. For convenience, detailed information from the AD9545 data sheet has been included here. Use the user guide in conjunction with the data sheet that has been provided by ADI.
Features & Benefits
- Simple power connection using 6V wall adapter and on-board LDO voltage regulators.
- 10 ac-coupled single-ended (differential signal recombined via a balun) output SMA connectors, with user-configurable output termination for HCSL, CML, or LVDS-compatible (default).
- 4 configurable reference inputs, selectable between a single ended to differential reference input SMA connector.
- 1 ac-coupled single-ended input SMA connector for system clock.
- Pin programmable, power on ready configurability.
- Status LEDs.
- USB connection to PC.
- Microsoft Windows-based evaluation software with simple graphical user interface via an ACE plug-in module
The AD-SYNCHRONA14-EBZ is an ideal self-contained device to use in evaluation and prototyping of applications that need a highly accurate frequency and phase-controlled source clock. It is designed around the Analog Devices AD9545 and HMC7044 and greatly simplifies clock distribution and multi-channel synchronization in complex systems. It is intended to be used by trained professionals in a laboratory environment, and not intended as an end product for commercial use. It can be taken as a complete reference design and customised as required for any end customer applications. Full design details are made available free of charge.
The AD-SYNCHRONA14-EBZ comes in a 1U mechanical form factor. Using popular industry connector SMA and TwinAX interfaces most labs will already have the needed cables.
With its internal OCXO it can operate in standalone mode or be fed from a choice of external sources, such as 3 separate high speed differential clock inputs, a 10MHz reference and 1PPS. This flexibility combined with the capability to select either of the internal VCXO options of 100MHz or 122.88MHz, gives almost unlimited choice for the frequency of interest and accuracy needed for a wide variety of application areas.
- High accuracy reference clock distribution
- Systems clocked from a single source
- Clocks derived from 100MHz or 122.88MHz
- Phased Array Systems, RADAR, EW, SATCOMS, SDR
- Bench Equipment
- Remote controlled operation
Features & Benefits
- Raspberry Pi 4, ARM Cortex-A72, 2GB SDRAM
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 × USB 3.0 ports
- 2 × USB 2.0 ports
- SPI interface
- 2 bicolor LEDs
- Male pin header
Clock Processing Devices
- HMC7044 (High Performance, 3.2 GHz, 14-Output Jitter Attenuator)
- AD9545 (1 PPS Synchronizer and Adaptive Clock Translator)
- 4 x TWINAX LVPECL AC&DC coupled, 100Ω diff
- 2 x SMA LVPECL AC coupled*
- 4 x SMA CMOS*
- 4 x SMA LVDS AC coupled*
*Configurable differential outputs, 50Ω diff
- 3 differential 100Ω SMA clock inputs
- PPS input
- SYNC input
- 10MHz input
- 100Mhz and 122.88Mhz Ultra-Low Phase Noise VCXO's (-165dBc/Hz)
- 40Mhz and 38.4Mhz TCXO's (±1ppm) 50MHz OCXO(+/- 10ppb)
- Internal references are software configurable
- DC 12V, 3A barrel jack
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.