Features and Benefits
- 1.65 GHz differential clock inputs/outputs
- 10-bit programmable dividers, 1 to 1024, all integers
- Up to 4 differential outputs or 8 CMOS outputs
- Pin strapping capability for hardwired programming at power-up
- <115 fs rms broadband random jitter
- Additive output jitter: 41 fs rms typical (12 kHz to 20 MHz)
- Excellent output-to-output isolation
- Automatic synchronization of all outputs
- Single 2.5 V/3.3 V power supply
- Internal LDO (low drop-out) voltage regulator for enhanced power supply immunity
- Phase offset select for output-to-output coarse delay adjust
- 3 programmable output logic levels, LVDS, HSTL, and CMOS
- Serial control port (SPI/I2C) or pin-programmable mode
- Space-saving 24-lead LFCSP
- Download AD9508-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Extended temperature range: −55°C to +105°C
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/13626 DSCC Drawing Number
The AD9508 provides clock fanout capability in a design that emphasizes low jitter to maximize system performance. This device benefits applications like clocking data converters with demanding phase noise and low jitter requirements.
There are four independent differential clock outputs, each with various types of logic levels available. Available logic types include LVDS (1.65 GHz), HSTL (1.65 GHz), and 1.8 V CMOS (250 MHz). In 1.8 V CMOS output mode, the differential output becomes two CMOS single-ended signals. The CMOS outputs are 1.8 V logic levels, regardless of the operating supply voltage.
Each output has a programmable divider that can be bypassed or be set to divide by any integer up to 1024. In addition, the AD9508 supports a coarse output phase adjustment between the outputs.
The device can also be pin programmed for various fixed configurations at power-up without the need for SPI or I2C programming.
The AD9508 is available in a 24-lead LFCSP and operates from a either a single 2.5 V or 3.3 V supply. The temperature range is −40°C to +85°C.
- Low jitter, low phase noise clock distribution
- Clocking high speed ADCs, DACs, DDSs, DDCs, DUCs, MxFEs
- High performance wireless transceivers
- High performance instrumentation
- Broadband infrastructure
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD9508 evaluation board is a compact, easy-to-use platform for evaluating all features of the AD9508. This user guide focuses on the AD9508 evaluation board and software. The AD9508 is a high performance 1:4 flexible clock buffer. Each output has a programmable divider that can be set via SPI/I2C programming or Sx pin strapping. The AD9508 features both 2.5 V and 3.3 V operation.
Features & Benefits
- Simple power connection using 6 V wall adapter and on-board LDO voltage regulators
- 8 ac-coupled single-ended SMA output connectors (4 differential paths)
- 2 ac-coupled single-ended SMA connectors for reference input
- Pin selectable options for the following:
- 2.5 V or 3.3 V operation
- SPI/I2C or Sx pin programmable
- OUT0 through OUT3 divide value
- OUT0 through OUT3 logic type
- Input logic type
- USB connection to PC
- Microsoft Windows-based evaluation software with simple graphical user interface (supports 64-bit versions of Windows)
Software & Systems Requirements
JESD204 Interface Framework
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.