Features and Benefits
- 10-Bit Temperature-to-Digital Converter
- -35°C to + 85°C Operating Temperature Range
- ±2 °C Accuracy
- SPI- and DSP-Compatible Serial Interface
- Shutdown Mode
- Space-Saving µSOIC Package
The AD7314 is a complete temperature monitoring system in an 8-pin µSOIC package. It contains a bandgap temperature sensor and 10-bit ADC to monitor and digitize the temperature reading to a resolution of 0.25ºC.
The AD7314 has a flexible serial interface that allows easy interfacing to most microcontrollers. The interface is compatible with SPI, QSPI™ and MICROWIRE™ protocol and is also compatible with DSPs. It is pin compatible with the Dallas DS1722 part.
The part features a standby mode, which is controlled via the serial interface. The AD7314 has a supply voltage range of +2.65 V to +2.9 V. Having a very low supply current and SPI compatible interface, the AD7314 is ideal for a variety of applications, including personal computers, office equipment and domestic appliances.
- The AD7314 has an on-chip temperature sensor that allows an accurate measurement of the ambient temperature. The measurable temperature range is –35°C to +85°C, with a ±2°C temperature accuracy.
- Supply voltage of 2.65 V to 5.5 V.
- Space-saving 8-lead MSOP package.
- 10-bit temperature reading to 0.25°C resolution.
- The AD7314 features a standby mode that reduces the current consumption to 1 mA max.
- Hard Disk Drives
- Personal Computers
- Electronic Test Equipment
- Office Equipment
- Domestic Appliances
- Process Control
- Mobile Phones
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.