Features and Benefits
- Guaranteed Monotonic
- High Accuracy (INL = ±1 LSB)
- On-chip 1.25 V/2.5 V, 10 ppm/°C reference
- Temperature range: –40°C to +85°C
- Rail-to-rail output amplifier
- Power-down mode
- Package type: 100-lead LQFP (14 mm × 14 mm)
- User Interfaces
- Serial (SPI®-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE™-/DSP-compatible, featuring data readback)
- Robust 6.5 kV HBM and 2 kV FICDM ESD rating
The AD5383 is a complete, single-supply, 32-channel, 12-bit denseDAC® available in a 100-lead LQFP package. All 32 channels have an on-chip output amplifier with rail-to-rail operation. The AD5383 includes a programmable internal 1.25 V/2.5 V, 10 ppm/°C reference; an on-chip channel monitor function that multiplexes the analog outputs to a common MON_OUT pin for external monitoring; and an output amplifier boost mode that allows optimization of the amplifier slew rate. The AD5383 features:
- Double-buffered parallel interface with a 20 ns WR pulse width.
- SPI-/QSPI-/MICROWIRE-/DSP-compatible serial interface with interface speeds in excess of 30 MHz
- I2C-compatible interface that supports a 400 kHz data transfer rate.
An input register followed by a DAC register provides double buffering, allowing the DAC outputs to be updated independently or simultaneously using the LDAC input.
Each channel has a programmable gain and offset adjust register that allows the user to fully calibrate any DAC channel. With boost off, power consumption is typically 0.25 mA/channel.
- Variable optical attenuators (VOA)
- Level setting (ATE)
- Optical microelectro-mechanical systems (MEMS)
- Control systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Precision DAC Error Budget Tool
The Precision DAC Error Budget Tool is a web application that calculates the DC Accuracy of precision DAC signal chains. It shows how the static errors accumulate throughout your signal chain to quickly evaluate the design tradeoffs. Calculations include the DC errors introduced by Voltage References, Operation Amplifiers and Precision DACs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.