Features and Benefits
- Single 8-Bit DAC
- 6-Lead SOT-23 and 8-Lead MSOP Packages
- Micropower: 140 µA @ 5 V
- Power-Down to 200 nA @ 5 V, 50 nA @ 3 V
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V Power Supply
- Guaranteed Monotonic by Design
- Reference Derived from Power Supply
- Power-On-Reset to Zero Volts
- 3 Power-Down Functions
- Low Power Serial Interface with Schmitt-Triggered Inputs
- On-Chip Output Buffer Amplifier, Rail-to-Rail Operation
- SYNC Interrupt Facility
- Qualified for automotive applications
The AD5300 is a single, 8-bit buffered voltage-out DAC that operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply consuming 115 µA at 3 V. Its on-chip precision output amplifier allows rail-to-rail output swing to be achieved. The AD5300 utilizes a versatile three-wire serial interface that operates at clock rates up to 30 MHz and is compatible with standard SPI™, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™ and DSP interface standards.
The reference for AD5300 is derived from the power supply inputs and thus gives the widest dynamic output range. The part incorporates a power-on-reset circuit that ensures that the DAC output powers up to zero volts and remains there until a valid write takes place to the device. The part contains a power-down feature that reduces the current consumption of the device to 200 nA at 5 V and provides software selectable output loads while in power-down mode. The part is put into power-down mode over the serial interface.
The low power consumption of this part in normal operation makes it ideally suited to portable battery operated equipment. The power consumption is 0.7 mW at 5 V reducing to 1 µW in power-down mode.
The AD5300 is one of a family of pin-compatible DACs. The AD5310 is the 10-bit version and the AD5320 is the 12-bit version. The AD5300 / AD5310 / AD5320 are available in 6-lead SOT-23 packages and 8-lead µSOIC packages.
- Available in 6-lead SOT-23 and 8-lead MSOP packages.
- Low power, single-supply operation. This part operates from a single 2.7 V to 5.5 V supply and typically consumes 0.35 mW at 3 V and 0.7 mW at 5 V, making it ideal for battery-powered applications.
- The on-chip output buffer amplifier allows the output of the DAC to swing rail-to-rail with a slew rate of 1 V/μs.
- Reference derived from the power supply.
- High speed serial interface with clock speeds up to 30 MHz. Designed for very low power consumption. The interface powers up only during a write cycle.
- Power-down capability. When powered down, the DAC typically consumes 50 nA at 3 V and 200 nA at 5 V.
- Portable Battery-Powered Instruments
- Digital Gain and Offset Adjustment
- Programmable Voltage and Current Sources
- Programmable Attenuators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.