Features and Benefits
- End-to-end resistance 5 kΩ, 10 kΩ, 50 kΩ, 100 kΩ
- Compact SOT-23-8 (2.9 mm × 3 mm) package
- Fast settling time: tS = 5 µs typ on power-up
- Full read/write of wiper register
- Power-on preset to midscale
- Extra package address decode pin AD0
- Computer software replaces microcontroller in factory programming applications
- Single supply: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Low temperature coefficient 45 ppm/°C
- Low power: IDD = 8 µA
- Wide operating temperature: –40°C to +125°C
- Evaluation board available
The AD5245 provides a compact 2.9 mm × 3 mm packaged solution for 256-position adjustment applications. These devices perform the same electronic adjustment function as mechanical potentiometers or variable resistors, with enhanced resolution, solid-state reliability, and superior low temperature coefficient performance.
The wiper settings are controllable through an I2C-compatible digital interface, which can also be used to read back the wiper register content. AD0 can be used to place up to two devices on the same bus. Command bits are available to reset the wiper position to midscale or to shut down the device into a state of zero power consumption.
Operating from a 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply and consuming less than 8 µA allows usage in portable battery-operated applications.
Note that the terms digital potentiometer, VR, and RDAC are used interchangeably.
- Mechanical potentiometer replacement in new designs
- LCD panel VCOM adjustment
- LCD panel brightness and contrast control
- Transducer adjustment of pressure, temperature, position, chemical, and optical sensors
- RF amplifier biasing
- Automotive electronics adjustment
- Gain control and offset adjustment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD5245 supports single-supply 2.7 V to 5.5 V operation, making the device suitable for battery-powered applications and many applications requiring superior low temperature coefficient performance.
In addition, the AD5245 uses a versatile I2C-compatible serial interface that operates in fast mode, allowing speeds of up to 400 kHz. This interface can be used to read back the wiper register.
The EVAL-AD5245DBZ daughter board and the EVAL-MB-LV-SDZ motherboard can operate in single-supply mode and incorporate an internal power supply from the USB.
Complete specifications for the AD5245 can be found in the AD5245 data sheet.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board used in conjunction with low voltage digiPOT motherboard (EVAL-MB-LV-SDZ)
- Multiple test circuits
- Multiple ac/dc input signals
- PC control via a separately purchased system demonstration platform (SDP-B or SDP-S)
- PC software for control
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.