Features and Benefits
- 5 V 3-Channel Audio DAC System
- Digital Audio Output (2-Channel or 6-Channel Packed Mode)
- Accepts Sample Rates up to 48 kHz
- Dual Dynamic Processor with Arbitrary Input/Output
- 7 Biquad Filter Sections per Channel
- Curve and Adjustable Time Constants
- 0 ms to 6 ms Variable Delay/Channel for Speaker Alignment
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD1953 is a complete, 26-bit, single-chip, 3-channel digital audio playback system with built-in DSP functionality. Key features include: 3 channels of digital audio, 6-channel TDM output mode, a 7-band, 48-bit stereo equalizer, delays for loudspeaker location adjustment, Phat Stereo™ spatial enhancement, and a dual-band, professional-quality dynamics processor. Its three DACs achieve 112 dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) at 48 kHz. Its dynamic processing features include:
- Finely-tuned bass boost to enhance low frequencies for small loudspeakers
- Algorithms that virtually increase loudness by removing distortion at high volumes
- Midnight mode which automatically reduces loudness in high-volume instances (e.g., sudden loud scenes on DVDs)
- Low-level expansion to lift low-volume signals above road noise (for car stereos)
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY:The AD1953 SigmaDSP Digital Audio Processor is available in a 48-pin TQFP package and is rated for the extended −40°C to +105°C temperature range. The AD1953 is sampling now; production begins Fall 2002. Prices begin at $5.88 in 10,000-piece quantities.
- 2.0/2.1 Channel Audio Systems (2 Main Channels Plus Subwoofer)
- Multichannel Automotive Sound Systems
- Multimedia Audio
- Mini Component Stereo
- Home Theater Systems (AC-3 Postprocessor)
- Musical Instruments
- In-Seat Sound Systems (Aircraft, Motor Coaches)
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.