Особенности и преимущества
- Simplified evaluation of the ADM2561E and ADM2861E 500 kbps half-duplex, isolated RS-485 transceiver
- 2-layer PCB compliant to EN 55032/CISPR 32 Class B radiated emissions
- Footprint for 10.15 mm × 10.05 mm, 28-lead SOIC_W_FP package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance
- On-board ADP7104 LDO regulator with jumper options for simplified evaluation in 5 V or 3.3 V configuration
- Flexible, low voltage VIO supply rail for interfacing with I/O nodes as low as 1.7 V
- ESD protection on RS-485 A, B, Y, and Z pins
- ≥±12 kV IEC61000-4-2 contact discharge
- ≥±15 kV IEC61000-4-2 air discharge
- SMA connector for TxD input signal
- Optional on-board LTC6900 oscillator for providing TxD signal
- Screw terminal blocks for connecting power, digital signals, and RS-485 signals
- Jumper selectable enable and disable for digital input signals
- Resistors and footprints for loopback test and termination
- Test points for measuring all signals
Подробнее о продукте
The EVAL-ADM2561EEBZ and the EVAL-ADM2861EEBZ allow the simplified, efficient evaluation of the 3 kV rms ADM2561E and the 5.7 kV rms ADM2861E signal and power, isolated half-duplex RS-485 transceivers, respectively. The ADM2561E and the ADM2861E transceivers are available in a small footprint, 10.15 mm × 10.05 mm, 28-lead, small outline, wide body, with fine pitch (SOIC_W_FP) package. The evaluation boards differ only by the isolated RS-485 device populated on U3.
The ADM2561E and the ADM2861E feature an integrated, isolated, dc-to-dc converter that provides power to the isolated side of the device with no additional ICs required.
An on-board ADP7104 low dropout (LDO) regulator accepts an input voltage of 3.3 V to 20 V and regulates the voltage to a selectable 3.3 V or 5 V supply for the VCC pin of the ADM2561E and the ADM2861E. The LDO regulator can be bypassed to power the VCC pin of the ADM2561E and the ADM2861E directly.
A screw terminal block on the evaluation boards allows connection to the flexible VIO logic supply pin of the ADM2561E/ADM2861E. This connection allows the ADM2561E/ADM2861E to operate with a digital input/output (I/O) voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V, which enables communication with nodes using either a 1.8 V or 2.5 V power supply. The VIO pin can also be supplied from the ADP7104 regulated supply.
Digital and RS-485 bus signals are easily accessible via the screw terminal blocks on each evaluation board. Each digital input is configured via the on-board jumper options.
Alternative methods can provide the transmit data input (TxD) signal to the ADM2561E or the ADM2861E. An LTC6900 oscillator is included on each evaluation board and can be optionally configured to provide a clock signal for the TxD digital input within a 1 kHz to 250 kHz range. For optimal signal integrity, use the on-board Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector to connect an external data signal.
For full details on the ADM2561E or the ADM2861E, see the ADM2561E or the ADM2861E data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM2561EEBZ and the EVAL-ADM2861EEBZ.