Accuracy Made Simple with Analog Devices’ Precision Signal Chain Platform
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) introduced today a precision narrow bandwidth signal chain platform that optimizes system performance for signal bandwidths of DC to approximately 10 kHz in industrial and instrumentation applications. The new platform offers a host of complete signal chains with customizable solution options and a curated suite of development tools to simplify the design journey. These range from simulation environments, such as LTspice®, to design tools that delve into filter performance or power management to signal-chain-based evaluation systems leveraging decades of ADI experience and insight. The precision narrow bandwidth signal chains included with the platform feature precision and power management component selections that prioritize low frequency design requirements, delivering excellent accuracy, stability, and resolution. These robust, repeatable, high-quality measurement and drive solutions enable designers to design with confidence and tackle the most demanding precision instrumentation challenges in areas such as source measurement units (SMU), digital multimeters (DMM), and data acquisition systems.
- Discover adaptable precision narrow bandwidth platforms including application-specific design tools, purpose-developed knowledge bases, and customizable solutions: https://www.analog.com/en/applications/technology/precision-technology/precision-narrow-bandwidth.html
- Connect with engineers and ADI experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/precision-technology-signal-chains/precision-narrow-bandwidth
- Watch a video to learn more about precision narrow bandwidth signal chain solutions: https://www.analog.com/en/education/education-library/videos/6301584622001.html
Examples of precision narrow bandwidth signal chain options provided with the platform include those that prioritize low latency and stability for measurement and control or selections that optimize noise and stability for voltage drive. The stability and low latency signal chains lead to more reliable, faster end measurements ensuring closed loop system setups can be reconfigured with minimal settling time and better test time efficiency. Tweaking for noise and stability creates voltage drive circuitry supporting highly accurate and extremely stable programmable voltage sources.
Precision Narrow Bandwidth Key Features:
- 24-bit, no-missing-codes ADC performance maximizes resolution, delivering high accuracy for the complete signal chain with optimized gain setting and minimal settling time
- Flexibility to optimize noise performance versus power at minimum latency means reuse of optimum layout and the circuitry can be used for multiple use cases with simple software updates
- Measurement bandwidth from DC means stable and accurate closed loop measurements across a range of low frequencies
Pricing and Availability for Key Components
Product SFull Production Description Price Each per 1,000 Units Packaging AD4630-24 Now 24-Bit, 2 MSPS, dual channel SAR ADC $30.95 64-Ball CSP BGA(7mm x 7mm) AD5791 Now 1 ppm, 20-Bit, ±1 LSB INL, voltage output DAC $41.65/$71.04 20-Lead TSSOP LTC6373 Now 36 V, fully-differential, programmable-gain instrumentation amplifier with 25 pA input bias current $5.76 12-Lead DFN (LFCSP)(4mm × 4mm) LTC6655 Now 0.25 ppm noise, low drift precision references $6.39 8-Lead MSOP