The SHARC ADSP-2146x evaluation boards provide developers with a cost-effective method for initial evaluation of the ADSP-21469 and ADSP-21467 SHARC® Processors via a USB-based, PC-hosted tool set. With these kits, users can learn more about the processors hardware and software development, and quickly prototype a wide range of applications.
This evaluation boards is designed to be used in conjunction with either the CrossCore® Embedded Studio (CCES) or VisualDSP++® development environments to test the capabilities of the ADSP-2146x SHARC processors.
The development environment aids advanced application code development and debug, such as:
- Create, compile, assemble, and link application programs written in C++, C, and ADSP-21469 assembly
- Load, run, step, halt, and set breakpoints in application programs
- Read and write data and program memory
- Read and write core and peripheral registers
- Plot memory
Access to the processor from a personal computer (PC) is achieved through a USB port or an external JTAG emulator. The USB interface of the standalone debug agent gives unrestricted access to the ADSP-21469 processor and evaluation board’s peripherals. Analog Devices JTAG emulators offer faster communication between the host PC and target hardware.
To learn more about Analog Devices emulators and processor development tools, go to SHARC Processors Software and Tools
- ADSP-21469: 176-pin LQFP package, 25 MHz CLKIN oscillator
- Flash Memory: 4 M x 8-bit, Numonyx
- SDRAM Memory: 16Mb x16 bit, Micron MT48LC16M16A2P-6A
- Asynch SRAM: 1M x16 bit, ISSI IS61WV102416BLL-10TLI
- SPI Memory: 16 Mbit
- Analog Audio: AD1939 Codec
- SPDIF: RCA phone jacks
- Temp Sensor: ADM1032 Two Wire Sensor
- UART: ADM3202 RS-232 line driver/receiver
- Power Supply: 5V @ 3.6 Amps
- LEDs: 11 LEDs: 1 power (green), 1 board reset (red), 1 temperature limit (amber), and 8 general purpose (amber)
- Push Buttons: (5) push buttons: (1) reset, (2) connected to DAI, (2). IRQ/Flag
- SHARC Expansion Interface II: AMI, Flags/IRQs, DAI, DPI, PWR_IN, 3.3V, GND
- Other Features: Standalone Debug Agent Interface, WDT (Watch Dog Timer) system reset implementation, MP JTAG IN and OUT Connectors, 0-ohm resistors for DSP current measurement, CE compliant
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.