Before you register for the ADI-MassRobotics Real-Time Sensor Fusion Challenge (the “Challenge”), carefully read the term and conditions set forth below. By registering and participating, you (on your own behalf and on behalf of any eligible organization or team that you represent) ("you" or "your") agree that you understand and unconditionally accept these terms and conditions and that these terms and conditions are a binding contract between you and ADI. By registering for a team, you covenant that all members of the team have reviewed these Terms and Conditions and have authorized you to agree to these terms on their behalf. Each individual participant, and each faculty supervisor (if applicable), is required to accept these terms and conditions.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLANGE.
1.1 The Challenge is open for participation by engineering university students enrolled, for the duration of the Challenge. in colleges or universities situated in Massachusetts or Rhode Island, USA.
1.2. The Challenge shall open on June 2019 and, for those teams selected by ADI as finalists, shall continue until April 2020. To participate, you must submit your Challenge project proposal to ADI before October 20th, 2019. Any project proposals submitted after this date will not be accepted by ADI under any circumstance.
1.3. For any team, the minimum team size is 2 and maximum is 8.
1.4. Each team is required to have a faculty advisor from the team’s college or university to supervise the development of the project to be submitted for the Challenge. You cannot be a member of more than one team participating in the Challenge and the same faculty member cannot supervise two teams. In the event it is found that a Challenge participant or a faculty member is a member of more than one team, then both the teams shall be disqualified. However, more than one team from a college or university is eligible to participate in the Challenge.
2. Submissions; Awards.
2.1. You agree to adhere to the timelines, submission requirements and other criteria for the Challenge as communicated to you from time to time by ADI or its representatives.
2.2. The manner and form of evaluation, decisions on the selection, prize or any matter pertaining to the Challenge by ADI shall be final and at its sole discretion. No claims or explanations in respect of such evaluation or decisions shall be entertained by ADI at any stage of the Challenge.
2.3. Participant entries will be judged for: innovation and creativity of solution, completeness of the solution, and applicability of the product/solution/algorithm to real-life situation, number of Analog Devices products used and optimization of the solution/product/service/algorithm for best return on investment.
2.4. All the documents, ideas, materials, designs and/or other work or deliverables submitted or developed by you as part of the Challenge (the “Challenge Materials”), and all intellectual property rights therein, are your property. The evaluation, use and publication of materials, designs and/or ideas submitted by participants in the Challenge are at the discretion of ADI Management. The manner, mode, form and timing of evaluation, use or publication, as also the alteration, deletion, addition and editing of content of the materials, designs or ideas submitted to Analog Devices as part of the Challenge will be determined by ADI.
2.5. The Challenge Materials submitted by you must be independent, original and genuine work and must not infringe the intellectual property rights or otherwise of a third party.
2.6. You shall ensure that you comply with all applicable laws and policies and procedures of your employer (if you are currently employed by a company and participating in the Challenge) in participating in, and submitting Challenge Materials for, the Challenge. ADI has no duty to check your Challenge Materials for such compliance and you alone shall be responsible for all consequences of failing to adhere to the pertinent laws, policies or procedures.
3. License. By submitting an entry, you hereby grant to ADI and its licensees, sublicensees, successors, and assigns, the exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicenseable right and license (including but not limited to, all intellectual property and proprietary rights) to use the entry and Challenge Materials in any manner and in all media now known or hereinafter developed (the “License”). The rights granted under the License shall also include, without limitation, the right to alter or edit the entry, and to make derivative works based on the entry. You agree to sign any documents required by ADI upon request to confirm such License. This license survives completion of the Challenge.
4. Publicity. A shortened abstract of your initial proposals may be made available by ADI on a public website. Each winner, by acceptance of a prize, unless legally prohibited, grants permission for ADI and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. The winners’ team name, the names of its individual members, and the team’s college or university may be posted on the Challenge webpage.
6.1. You acknowledge and agree that the Challenge is not an offer of employment and that ADI is not bound to offer employment to you in connection with the Challenge.
6.3. You shall not indulge in any unfair or unethical practices in order to improve your chances of winning the Challenge and if you are found engaging in such practices, you shall be liable, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies enjoyed by ADI, to be disqualified from participating further in the Challenge. Further, ADI reserves the right to take any action in its sole discretion against the Challenge participant found violating any of these Terms and Conditions or any other rules and guidelines communicated by ADI or its representatives.
6.4. You agree and acknowledge that you participate in the Challenge at your sole risk and expense. You are solely responsible for all your costs and expenses in connection with the Challenge, except as ADI may agree in writing from time to time in its sole discretion.
6.5. You are not guaranteed any awards or payments from ADI or any third party. All awards and payments made by ADI in respect of the Challenge shall be subjected to tax and other statutory deductions as mandated by applicable law. Any and all taxes, surcharges and charges in respect of the awards and payments shall be borne by the Challenge participant alone and ADI shall not be liable for the same.
6.6. ADI reserves its exclusive right, exercisable at any time, without notice, to amend, add to, delete from, alter or otherwise change the Terms and Conditions. ADI also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to postpone, suspend, and cancel the entire Challenge or a part thereof.
6.7. You hereby release and hold harmless ADI, its sponsors and their employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and legal advisors, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Challenge.
6.8. ADI makes no warranties whatsoever, whether express or implied, in respect of the Challenge and any subsequent interview or interaction and hereby disclaims all liability to you and all other participants in respect of acts or omissions regarding the conduct of the same and any decisions made by ADI with respect to selection of winning entries or use of submitted materials, designs or ideas. ADI shall not accept any liability in respect of any errors or oversights in conducting the Challenge and selecting winning participants.
6.9. You may withdraw from the Challenge at any time by delivery of written notice of withdrawal to ADI; provided that, in any event, all rights you granted to ADI in the Challenge Materials shall survive the expiration or termination of your participation in the Challenge.
6.10. ADI assumes no responsibility for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, third party sites, or program malfunctions or other errors, failures of any kinds, delayed computer transmissions or network, server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections that are human or technical or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Challenge, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in the administration of the Challenge, notification and announcement of the prize winners, or in any other Challenge related materials. ADI is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate registration information, whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge, by any technical or human errors which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Challenge, or for any technical or human errors which may occur during the administration of the Challenge.
ADI is not responsible for entries garbled, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, lost, misplaced, stolen, delayed, damaged, inaccurate, undelivered, destroyed or otherwise not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, and all such entries will be void.
6.11. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
7. Limitation of Liability. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ADI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CHALLENGE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ADI WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
8. Cancellation; Suspension. ADI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Challenge at any time for any reason, including but not limited to any reason that affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Challenge. Such reasons include but are not limited to fraud, tampering, unauthorized access, infections by computer virus, bugs, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of ADI.
9. Governing Law; Venue. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions, or the rights and obligations of the parties in connection with the Challenge shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts courts located in Suffolk County, Massachusetts.