- API: C callable 'push'-type API
- Compatible with Analog Devices Blackfin processor family
- Rigorously tested
- The module has no dependencies on processor peripherals or registers, adding greater system flexibility and ease of use
- Conformance Standard: ITU-T Recommendation G.711 11/1988, ITU-T
- Recommendation G.711 – Appendix I 9/1999
- Target Processor: Code compatible across the Blackfin processor family ADSP-BF5xx
- Framework Dependencies: None. No dependencies on processor peripherals or registers.
- Release Format: Object code module with C source wrapper
- Input and output buffer samples per block: 80
- Sample Rate: 8 kHz
- Bit Rate: 64 kbit/s
- Multi-Channel: Fully re-entrant and multi-instancing capable
The “G.711 Appendix I Voice Codec with PLC” software library provides a combination of ITU-T G.711 voice codec and G.711 Appendix I packet loss concealment. G.711 is also known as a-law or µ-law encoding and decoding. This module operates at 8 kHz and is fully ITU compliant. It is typically used when communicating with a- and µ-law hardware codecs, in TDM trunks, or in VoIP when operating on G.711 RTP packets.
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
| Code RAM (KiB)
|| Data RAM (KiB)
|| Constant Data Tables (KiB)
|| 0.14 (1.09 for PLC)
|| 0.13 (1.08 for PLC)
|| 0.13 (1.08 for PLC)
- This table highlights example Blackfin processors and expected MIPS performance. Some processors include additional L2 internal memory (e.g. BF548) which can help reduce MIPS when fully utilized.
- Similarly, processors with high speed external memory interfaces (32-bit versus 16-bit or DDR versus SDRAM) will also help reduce overall MIPS requirements.
- MIPS were measured using optimal memory layout
- ITU-T reference vector "sweep.src" is used for MIPS measurement
- The MIPS for PLC is the maximum MIPS when packet loss concealment is executed
- Both instruction and data cache have been enabled and data cache was set to write-back mode
- "Data RAM" refers to a single instance and includes stack, scratch and instance/state memory as well as minimum-size input and output single buffers
- 1 KiB = 1024 Bytes
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.