- Cache: Both instruction and Data cache enabled
- Code compatible across the Blackfin Processor Family ADSP-BF5xx
- MISRA-C compliant
- Target Processors : ADSP-BF561, ADSP-BF533, ADSP-BF527, ADSP-BF548
- Release format : Object Code with source code wrapper
- Input format : PNG
- Output format : RGB
- Image size : Configurable
- Multi instancing : Fully re-entrant and multi-instance capable
The PNG decoder is a lossless decoder used in Web browsers. It uses a modified form of LZ77 compression as in zlib.This implementation of the PNG Decoder has been highly optimized to run on the Analog Devices ADSP-BF5xx Blackfin processor. The data movement for the module can be configured for either cache mode or through MDMA. It is a self-contained software component that has been rigorously tested. It contains an intuitive C-callable API that is interruptible, maintains flexibility and provides seamless system integration.
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
| Memory (Bytes)
|| Image Height
|| Average Cycles / pel
| Decode PNG
- Performance (average cycles per pel) measured on ADSP-BF533.
- MIPS is measured as ((cycles/pel) * (image width) * (image height) * (frames/second) / 10^6). (It is assumed that frames/second = 15 for calculation)
- Code compatible across all ADSP-BF5xx processors, with silicon anomaly workarounds implemented for ADSP-BF527(0.2), ADSP-BF533(0.6), ADSP-BF548(0.4) and ADSP-BF561(0.5)
- "Data RAM" for one instance, includes Scratch and Instance/State
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.