MAX6948EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX6948B Data Sheet (Rev. 0)12/21/2009724K
- 2.7V to 5V V+ Supply Range
- Boost Converter Drives 6 Series White LEDs
- Boost Output PWM Dimming
- Selectable Current Sinks for LEDs
- Windows 2000-, Windows XP-, and Windows Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- USB-PC Connection (Cable Included)
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX6948 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX6948B 5-port, constant-current LED driver with PWM intensity control and integrated boost converter in a 25-bump WLP package. The EV kit also includes Windows® 2000-, Windows XP®-, and Windows Vista®-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the MAX6948B. The MAX6948 EV kit PCB comes with a MAX6948BGWA+ installed.
The MAX6948 EV kit boost converter drives 6 high-brightness white LEDs in series with 30mA (typ). The boost converter features 10-bit PWM dimming, standby mode, input current limit, and overvoltage protection.
The MAX6948 EV kit’s I/O ports drive LEDs or act as open-drain GPIO port expanders. Jumpers easily switch between the two functions. The ports feature selectable constant-current sinking, fading, and 8-bit PWM.
- Cell Phones
- Handheld Games
- LED Backlighting for LCDs
- Portable Consumer Electronics