- 1.8V to 5.5V Input Range
- Output Voltages
- 8.5V Output at 300mA from a 2.7V Input (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- 23V Output at 20mA (Positive Charge Pump)
- -7.5V Output at 20mA (Negative Charge Pump)
- 4.25V High-Current Op Amp Output
- Resistor-Adjustable Switching-Regulator and Op Amp Output Voltage
- Eight 30V to -10V High-Voltage Level-Shifting Buffers
- Greater than 85% Efficiency (Step-Up Switching Regulator)
- 1.2MHz Step-Up Switching Frequency
- 1.2mm Low-Profile Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX17010 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount printed circuit board (PCB) that provides the voltages and features required for active-matrix, thin-film transistor (TFT), liquid-crystal displays (LCDs). The EV kit contains a step-up switching regulator, a high-speed operational amplifier (op amp), and eight high-voltage level-shifting buffers for scan-driver applications.
The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 1.8V to 5.5V. The step-up switching regulator is configured for a 8.5V output providing at least 300mA from a 2.7V input. The positive charge pump is configured for a 23V output providing at least 20mA. The negative charge pump is configured for a -7.5V output providing at least 20mA. The op amp is configured for 4.25V, capable of providing up to ±150mA peak. The high-voltage, level-shifting scan driver buffers eight logic inputs and shifts them to a desired level to drive TFT-LCD row logic.
The MAX17010 EV kit demonstrates low quiescent current and high efficiency (> 85%) for maximum battery life. Operation at 1.2MHz allows the use of tiny surface-mount components. The MAX17010 thin QFN package (0.8mm maximum height), with low-profile external components, allows this circuit to be less than 1.2mm high.
- LCD Monitor Panels
- Notebook Computer Displays