- Input Voltage Down to +0.8V
- 3x3 White LED Array
- Potentiometer-Adjustable Output Current Level (LED Brightness Control)
- External Low-Loss N-Channel Switch
- 10nA IC Shutdown Current
- Operation Up to 500kHz Switching Frequency
- Surface-Mount Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1698 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that contains a boost switching-regulator current source and array of white LEDs. As configured, the circuit is set up to drive 3 banks of 3 series LED arrays at 20mA each; however, a wide variety of other configurations are possible. The IC can be powered from a separate +2.7VDC to +5.5VDC input, while LED power has a wider input range and can be supplied either from a logic supply or battery source.
The MAX1698 features digital soft-start and adjustable lossless LED current control. The MAX1698 EV kit demonstrates low quiescent current, open-circuit protection, and up to 90% efficiency for maximum battery life. Operation up to 500kHz allows the use of tiny surface-mount components.
- Backlight for LCD Panels
- Battery-Powered Backlight Applications
- Cell Phones
- Handy Terminals