- Input Voltage from 7V Up to HB LED Forward Voltage
- Demonstrates Overvoltage Protection (35.6V)
- HB LED String Output Currents Configurable for 100mA or 150mA
- Demonstrates UVLO (6.4V)
- Demonstrates Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown Features
- Demonstrates Adaptive Output-Voltage Optimization
- Configurable LED Current Foldback (VIN < 6.5V)
- Proven PCB and Thermal Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16838 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX16838 high-brightness LED (HB LED) driver, integrating a step-up DC-DC preregulator followed by two channels of linear current sinks. The step-up preregulator switches at 500kHz and operates as a current-mode-controlled regulator capable of providing up to 300mA for the linear circuits. Each channel is capable of operating up to 33V and provides up to 150mA. The channels are configurable for 100mA or 150mA HB LED output current. The MAX16838 IC is available in a 20-pin TQFN package with an exposed pad for enhanced thermal power dissipation.
The MAX16838 EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage of 7V up to the HB LED string-forward voltage. The EV kit can withstand a 40V load-dump condition. The EV kit also demonstrates the MAX16838 features, such as adaptive voltage optimization, undervoltage lockout (UVLO), overvoltage protection (OVP), cycle-by-cycle current limit, thermal shutdown, and digital PWM dimming operation using a digital PWM input signal to control the brightness of the HB LEDs.
- Automotive Display Backlights
- Automotive Lighting Applications
- LCD Display Backlights