- 6.5V to 16V Supply Voltage Range
- Open LED Detection Output
- On-Board or External LED Connections
- 50mA Load Current
- Configurable 550mA Output Current at OUT_3
- Separate PWM Dimming Control for Each Channel
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX16823 evaluation kit (EV kit) circuit demonstrates a current-controlled LED driver that uses the MAX16823 current regulator. The EV kit is configured to supply 50mA to each of the three output channels and the circuit features 3 series LEDs per channel. Output pads are provided at two channels to evaluate external LEDs rated up to 70mA. Additional output pads are available to evaluate LEDs rated up to 550mA (typ) on one of the channels. The MAX16823 EV kit requires a 6.5V to 16V, 1A power supply for proper operation. However, the MAX16823 IC can accept input voltages from 5.5V to 40V.
The MAX16823 EV kit features pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimming-control inputs and an open LED detection output. The MAX16823 EV kit is a fully assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB).
- Architecture and Industrial Lighting
- Automotive Exterior: Rear Combination Lights (RCLs), CHMSL
- Automotive Interior: RGB Ambient Lighting, Cluster Lighting, and LCD Backlighting
- Emergency Vehicle Warning Lights
- Navigation and Marine Indicators