- ADM8843 drives 4 white LEDs from a 2.6V to 5.5V (li-ion) input supply
- 1x/1.5x/2x Fractional Charge Pump to maximize power efficiency
- 0.3% Typ LED Current Matching
- Power Sub and main Display LEDs
- Low Power Shutdown Mode
- Package footprint only 9mm2 (3mm x 3mm)
- Package height only 0.9mm
- Shutdown Function
- Soft-start limiting inrush current
The ADM8843 provides two digital input control pins, CTRL1 and CTRL2, which control the operation and the brightness of the LEDs. The ADM8843 is configured with a sub and main display, the main display refers to 3 of the 6 LEDs (FB1 – FB3) and the sub display refers to the remaining LED (FB54).
The ADM8843 provides the option to control the brightness of the LEDs with a digital PWM signal. The duty cycle of the PWM signal determines the brightness of the backlight LEDs. Brightness control of the LEDs can also be controlled by a DC voltage. The ADM8843 has soft-start circuitry to limit inrush current flow at power up.
The ADM8843 is fabricated using CMOS technology for minimal power consumption. The part is packaged in a 16-lead LFCSP (Lead Frame Chip Scale Package).