- Easy evaluation of the ADM3051 controller area network (CAN) transceiver
- Convenient connections for power and logic signals through screw terminal blocks
- Screw terminal block for bus cable signals and shield
- Test points for measuring all signals
- Configure operating mode using jumper connection
- Slope control resistor of 47 kΩ fitted by default
- Termination resistors (2 × 30 Ω) with common-mode filter
製品概要The EVAL-ADM3051EBZ allows quick and easy evaluation of the ADM3051 CAN transceiver. The evaluation board allows all of the input and output functions to be exercised without the need for external components. Screw terminal blocks provide convenient connections for logic signals and power.
The main device on the evaluation board, the ADM3051, is a controller area network (CAN) physical layer transceiver, allowing a protocol layer CAN controller to access the physical layer bus. The ADM3051 complies with the ISO 11898 standard. It is capable of running at data rates of up to 1 Mbps.
For evaluation with a bus cable, a screw terminal block is provided to allow connection of CANH and CANL signals and connection of the cable shield.
The operating mode of the ADM3051 can be selected by jumper configuration. Three operating modes are available: high speed, slope control, and standby. Selecting standby mode connects Pin 8 (RS) of the ADM3051 to VCC, placing the device in a low current standby mode. Selecting slope control mode limits EMI by connecting RS with a 47 kΩ resistor to ground to modify the rise and fall of slopes. This mode facilitates the use of unshielded cables. Alternatively, selecting high speed mode disables slope control by connecting RS to ground, allowing high speed operation. Shielded cables or other measures to control EMI are necessary in this mode.