User Guide AD-FXTOF1-EBZ Wiki4/6/2021
The AD-FXTOF1-EBZ is a depth sensing solution, ideal for developing 3D computer vision systems. It uses a VGA CCD that enables the capture of a 640×480 depth map of a scene at 30 frames per second, providing up to 4× higher resolution than many other TOF systems on the market. This enables the detection and measurement of distances to smaller and thinner objects that would otherwise be invisible to other ToF systems. More information is included in our ToF technology page.
- Output: Depth & IR images @ 640 × 480 pixels (VGA), 30fps
- Distance sensing range: up to 3m
- Measurement accuracy: typical < 2% of the measured distance
- Connectivity: 2 lanes MIPI CSI-2, 25 pin flex cable or 15 pin flex cable via an interposer board
- Supply: 5V @ 2000mA
- Optics: 940nm VCSEL, FOV: 87°x67°; AR coated lens with 940 BPF, FoV: 87°×67°
- Operating temperature: -20°C ~ 75°C
- Tested for shock & vibe, temperature & humidity, drop
- Certified Eye safe in accordance with IEC 60825-1:2014 & 2007
- Compatible with Analog Devices open source 3D ToF SDK
The AD-FXTOF1-EBZ is a proven hardware platform for depth sensing. It is fully compatible with the existing ADI 3DTOF Open Source SDK and prototyping software platform.
It can be used with existing ADI algorithms for use cases around people detection, occupancy and activity sensing, objects detection and classification, autonomous and service robots, volumetric measurement for logistics and industrial applications and many other machine vision applications.
The kit contains an interposer board to adapt the 25-pin interface of the ToF module to a 15-pin interface compatible with popular development systems such as the Raspberry PI, Nvidia Jetson Nano or Nvidia Xavier NX.
- ToF module
- Interposer board
- 25 pins flex cable
- 15 pins flex cable
- Screws and standoffs to attach the interposer board to the ToF module
- USB cable to supply 5V to the system
- Once the ToF module and the interposer board are assembled together using the 25 pins flex cable and the screws and standoffs provided in the box the system can be connected to any development platform which has a compatible 15 pin flex cable interface such as the Raspberry PI, Nvidia Jetson Nano or the Nvidia Xavier NX
- The system must be powered from an external 5V, 2A power supply using the USB cable provided in the box
For more information about getting the system up and running see the Documentation section below.
In addition to the items provided with the kit the following items are required to get the system working:• 5V @ 2V power supply with USB type A connector
• Compatible processor board