- Input voltage: 4.5 V to 18 V Continuous output current: 12 A
- Integrated MOSFET: 17 mΩ/4.5 mΩ
- Reference voltage: 0.6 V ±0.5%
- Programmable switching frequency: 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- Enhanced transient response
- Programmable current-limit with ±10% accuracy
- Precision enable and power good
- External compensation and soft start
- PFM mode (ADP2390 only)
- Start up into a precharged output
- Supported by ADIsimPower design tool
The ADP2389/ADP2390 evaluation board is a complete, 12 A, 18 V, step-down regulator solution that allows users to evaluate the performance of the ADP2389/ADP2390 with a near ideal printed circuit board (PCB) layout.
The programmable current-limit function allows the inductor to be optimized by output current. The peak current-limit threshold is preset to 21 A to ensure the 12 A output current
The switching frequency can be programmed between 200 kHz and 2.2 MHz, which provides the possibility for a stackable multiphase power solution.
An enhanced transient response feature improves the load transient performance, which reduces the output capacitance.
The output of the ADP2389/ADP2390 evaluation board is preset to 1.8 V and the switching frequency is set to 500 kHz. Different output voltage settings can be achieved by changing appropriate passive components. The ambient temperature operating range is −40°C to +85°C.
Full details on the ADP2389/ADP2390 regulators are provided in the ADP2389/ADP2390 data sheet, available from Analog Devices, Inc., which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide.