- Simplified evaluation of the ADM2565E and ADM2865E
- 25 Mbps half-duplex, isolated RS-485 transceivers
- 2-layer PCB compliant to EN 55032/CISPR 32 Class B radiated emissions
- Footprint for 10.15 mm × 10.05 mm, 28-lead SOIC_W_FP package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance
- On-board ADP7104 LDO regulator with jumper options for simplified evaluation in 5 V or 3.3 V configuration
- Flexible, low voltage VIO supply rail for interfacing with I/O nodes as low as 1.7 V
- Selectable 3.3 V or 5 V isolated supply voltage options available
- ESD protection on the RS-485 A and B pins
- ≥±12 kV IEC 61000-4-2 contact discharge
- ≥±15 kV IEC 61000-4-2 air discharge
- SMA connector for high speed 25 Mbps TxD input signal
- Optional on-board LTC6900 oscillator for providing TxD signal
- Screw terminal blocks for connecting power, digital, and RS-485 signals
- Jumper selectable enable and disable for digital input signals
- Resistors and footprints for loopback test and termination
- Test points for measuring all signals
The EVAL-ADM2565EEBZ and the EVAL-ADM2865EEBZ allow the simplified, efficient evaluation of the 3 kV rms ADM2565E and the 5.7 kV rms ADM2865E signal and power isolated, half-duplex RS-485 transceivers, respectively. The ADM2565E and the ADM2865E transceivers are available in a small footprint, 10.15 mm × 10.05 mm, 28-lead, small outline, wide body, with fine pitch (SOIC_W_FP) package.
The ADM2565E and the ADM2865E both feature an integrated, isolated, dc-to-dc converter that provides power to the isolated side of the device with no additional ICs required.
An on-board ADP7104 low dropout (LDO) regulator accepts an input voltage of 3.3 V to 20 V and regulates the voltage to a selectable 3.3 V or 5 V supply for the VCC pin of the ADM2565E and the ADM2865E. The LDO regulator can be bypassed to power the VCC pin of the ADM2565E and the ADM2865E directly.
A screw terminal connector on the evaluation boards allows connection to the flexible VIO logic supply pin of the ADM2565E and the ADM2865E. This connection allows the ADM2565E and the ADM2865E to operate with a digital input/output (I/O) voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V, which enables communication with nodes using either a 1.8 V or 2.5 V power supply. The VIO pin can also be supplied from the ADP7104 regulated supply.
Digital and RS-485 bus signals are easily accessible via the screw terminal connectors on each evaluation board. Each digital input can be configured via the on-board jumper options.
Alternative methods can provide the transmit data input (T×D) signal to the ADM2565E or the ADM2865E. An LTC6900 oscillator is included on each evaluation board and can be optionally configured to provide a clock signal for the T×D digital input within a 1 kHz to 12.5 MHz range. For optimal signal integrity, use the on-board Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector to connect an external data signal at high data rates up to 25 Mbps.
The EVAL-ADM2565EEBZ is populated with the ADM2565E 3 kV rms isolated RS-485 transceiver, and the EVAL-ADM2865EEBZ is populated with the ADM2865E 5.7 kV rms isolated RS-485 transceiver. The two evaluation boards differ only by the isolated RS-485 device populated on U3.
For full details on the ADM2565E or the ADM2865E, see the ADM2565E data sheet or the ADM2865E data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-ADM2565EEBZ or the EVAL-ADM2865EEBZ.
- Signal generator
- 3 V to 5.5 V supply
- 1.62 V to 5.5 V supply