Features and Benefits
- VIN Voltage Range: 3V to 20V
- VOUT Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5V
- 1A Current Mode Buck Main Regulator
- 5A Boost Backup Regulator Powered from Single Supercapacitor
- Boost Regulator Operates Down to 0.5V for Maximum Utilization of Supercapacitor Energy
- Programmable Supercapacitor Charge Current to 1A with Overvoltage Protection
- Charger Supports Single Cell CC/CV Battery Charging
- Programmable VIN Current Limit
- Programmable Boost Current Limit
- Compact 20-Lead 4mm × 4mm QFN Package
The LTC3355-1 is a complete input power interrupt ride-through DC/DC system. The part charges a supercapacitor while delivering load current to VOUT, and uses energy from the supercapacitor to provide continuous VOUT backup power when VIN power is lost. The LTC3355-1 contains a nonsynchronous constant frequency current mode monolithic 1A buck switching regulator to provide a 2.7V to 5V regulated output voltage from an input supply of up to 20V.
A 1A programmable CC/CV linear charger charges the supercapacitor from VOUT. When the VIN supply drops below the PFI threshold, the devices’ constant frequency nonsynchronous current mode 5A boost switching regulator delivers power from the supercapacitor to VOUT. A thermal regulation loop maximizes charge current while limiting the die temperature to 110°C. The IC has boost, charger and VIN programmable current limits. The LTC3355-1 is available in a 20-lead 4mm × 4mm QFN surface mount package.
- Ride-Through “Dying Gasp” Supplies
- Power Meters/Industrial Alarms/Solid State Drives
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.