Features and Benefits
- User defined secondary supplies set overvoltage level
- Overvoltage protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Power-off protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Overvoltage detection on source pins
- Minimum secondary supply level: 4.5 V single-supply
- Interrupt flags indicate fault status
- Low charge injection (QINJ): 0.8 pC
- Low drain/source on capacitance: 19 pF
- Latch-up immune under any circumstance
- Known state without digital inputs present
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- ±5 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 8V to 44 V single-supply operation
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
The ADG5248F and ADG5249F are 8:1 and dual 4:1 analog multiplexers. The ADG5248F switches one of eight inputs to a common output and the ADG5249F switches one of four differential inputs to a common differential output. Each channel conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each channel has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. The primary supply voltages define the on-resistance profile, whereas the secondary supply voltages define the voltage level at which the overvoltage protection engages.
When no power supplies are present, the channel remains in the off condition, and the switch inputs are high impedance. Under normal operating conditions, if the analog input signal levels on any Sx pin exceed positive fault voltage (POSFV) or negative fault voltage (NEGFV) by a threshold voltage (VT), the channel turns off and that Sx pin becomes high impedance. If the switch is selected to be on, then the drain pin is pulled to the secondary supply voltage that was exceeded. Input signal levels up to +55 V or −55 V relative to ground are blocked, in both the powered and unpowered condition.
The low capacitance and charge injection of these switches make them ideal solutions for data acquisition and sample-and-hold applications, where low glitch switching and fast settling times are required.
Note that, throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as A0/F2, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, A0, when only that function is relevant.
- Source pins are protected against voltages greater than the secondary supply rails, up to −55 V and +55 V.
- Source pins are protected against voltages between −55 V and +55 V in an unpowered state.
- Overvoltage detection with digital output indicates operating state of switches.
- Trench isolation guards against latch-up.
- Optimized for low charge injection and on-capacitance.
- The ADG5248F/ADG5249F can be operated from a dual supply of ±5 V to ±22 V or a single power supply of 8 V to 44 V.
- Analog input/output modules
- Process control/distributed control systems
- Data acquisition
- Automatic test equipment
- Communication systems
- Relay replacement
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADG5248FEBZ, is the evaluation board for the ADG5248F, which features an overvoltage protected 8:1 Multiplexer. The ADG5248F has overvoltage detection and protection circuitry on the source pins and is protected against signals up to −55 V and +55 V in both the powered and unpowered states.
The ADG5248F is soldered to the center of the evaluation board, and wire screw terminals are provided to connect to each of the source and drain pins. Three screw terminals are used to power the device, with a fourth terminal used to provide a user defined digital logic supply voltage, if required. Alternatively, a low dropout (LDO) regulator is provided for 5 V digital logic supply and to supply the LEDs, which are mounted to provide visual indication of the fault status of the switch.
Full specifications on the ADG5248F are available in the product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Supply voltages
Dual supply: ±5 V to ±22 V
Single supply: 8 V to 44 V
- Protected against overvoltage on source pins
Signal voltages up to −55 V and +55 V
- LEDs for visual overvoltage indication
- Parallel interface compatible with 3 V logic
- On-board LDO regulator for digital supply and control, if required
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.