Features and Benefits
- All switches off with power supply off
- Latch-up proof construction
- Low On Resistance (270 Ω typical)
- Fast Switching Times
ton 230 ns maximum
toff 130 ns maximum
- Analog output of on channel clamped within power supplies if an overvoltage occurs
- Low power dissipation (3.3 mW maximum)
- Fault and overvoltage protection (−40 V to +55 V)
- Break-before-make construction
- TTL and CMOS compatible inputs
The ADG508F and ADG509F are CMOS analog multiplexers, with the ADG508F comprising eight single channels and the ADG509F comprising four differential channels. These multiplexer provides fault protection. Using a series n-channel, p-channel, n-channel MOSFET structure, both device and signal source protection is provided in the event of an overvoltage or power loss. The multiplexer can withstand continuous overvoltage inputs from -40 V to +55 V. During fault conditions with power supplies off, the multiplexer input (or output) appears as an open circuit and only a few nanoamperes of leakage current will flow. This protects not only the multiplexer and the circuitry driven by the multiplexer, but also protects the sensors or signal sources that drive the multiplexer.
The ADG508F switches one of eight inputs to a common output as determined by the 3-bit binary address lines A0, A1 and A2. The ADG509F switches one of four differential inputs to a common differential output as determined by the 2-bit binary address lines A0 and A1. An EN input on each device is used to enable or disable the device. When disabled, all channels are switched OFF.
- Fault protection. The ADG508F/ADG509F can withstand continuous voltage inputs from −40 V to +55 V. When a fault occurs due to the power supplies being turned off, all the channels are turned off and only a leakage current of a few nanoamperes flows.
- On channel saturates while fault exists.
- Low RON.
- Fast switching times.
- Break-before-make switching. Switches are guaranteed break-before-make so that input signals are protected against momentary shorting.
- Trench isolation eliminates latch-up. A dielectric trench separates the p and n-channel MOSFETs thereby preventing latch-up.
- Existing multiplexer applications (both fault-protected and nonfault-protected)
- New designs requiring multiplexer functions
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-16TSSOPEBZ evaluation board evaluates 16-lead TSSOP devices in the Switches and Multiplexers Portfolio that are purchased separately. A clamp is supplied with the EVAL-16TSSOPEBZ to secure a 16-lead TSSOP device to the evaluation board without the need for soldering, making the board reusable for multiple devices.
A 16-lead TSSOP device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device has a corresponding link from K1 to K16 that can be set to either VDD or GND. A wire screw terminal supplies VDD and GND. SMB connectors on the board allow additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space available at the top of the board for prototyping.
Full specifications of the device under test (DUT) are available in the corresponding product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Technical Articles (6)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.