Features and Benefits
- Supports both OpenGL-ES and OpenCV wrapper APIs.
- BF609 project demonstrating usage of PIXC in blending and color conversion is included.
- Cache: I Cache & D Cache in Release and Debug mode.
- MDMA: One channel Memory DMA is used.
- Both ITU-R BT.656 (for TV) and RGB888/BGR888/RGB565 (for LCD) format supported.
- Line: Horizontal, Vertical and of any slope.
- Polyline/Polygon: Supported.
- Rectangle: Draw, Fill, Brush and Rounded Rectangle
- Circle/Ellipse: Draw, Fill, Brush, Brush Fill
- Circular/Elliptical Arc/Circular Pie : Supported
- Set/Get Pixel: Supported
- Bit block transfer (Bitblt): Supported. Stretched and shrinked Bitblt also supported. Support of memory DMA is also available for bit block transfer operation to enhance its operation.
- Pixblt/Alphablt, Alpha Pixblt, Chroma Key, Text Rendering: Supported
- Alpha Blending of overlays,Per Pixel Alpha Blending, Dirty Sync Operation: Supported.
- Input format : ARGB, UYVY (lines, rectangle draw/fill and text)
- Input Format: 8/16-bit PGM, 24/48-bit PPM
- Output Format: 8/16-bit PGM, 24/48-bit PPM
The Blackfin 2D Graphics Library (BF2DGL) is a collection of Graphics primitives to help solve the Graphics rendering problem of ADI-Blackfin users. These primitives have been optimized to run on the Analog Devices’ Blackfin BF-5xx processor family. All the primitives can be drawn in ARGB format while a limited set of the primitives is also supported in UYVY format. The primitives are based on Open GL-ES/OpenCV APIs and they are supported with wrapper example code for OpenGL-ES/OpenCV, GLUT and extended APIs. A demonstration code is also provided to demonstrate the usage of the various graphics rendering primitives on Blackfin.
The module contains a standard C-callable API. The code has been implemented using Instruction Cache, Data Cache and Memory DMA to optimize the graphics rendering performance.
|Graphics Primitive and Operation||ADSP-BF609
|Horizontal Line Draw
|Vertical Line Draw
|Slant Line Draw
(t = 1)
(t = 1)
(t = 1)
(t = 2)
(t = 2)
(t = 2)
- t = thickness of the primitive
- Measurements above for projects on CrossCore Embedded Studio. For more details on cycle counts on ADSP-BF561 on VisualDSP++ 5.1, refer the Product Specs.
- One channel Memory DMA is used.
- Measurements done with Anti-aliasing enabled.
- Performance data are dependent on the dimensions of the primitives.
- BF561 supported for VisualDSP++5.1 project and ADSP-BF707/ADSP-BF533/ADSP-BF609 for CrossCore Embedded Studio 1.1.0 projects.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.
- VisualDSP++ for Analog Devices Processors.