Features and Benefits
- Supports circular buffering
- Conversion between floating and packed fixed point representation can be done on the fly as audio data is read from or written to a file, or done on buffered audio data stored in DSP memory
- Parses RIFF headers found in WAV files
- Writes RIFF headers in order to create WAV files
- Supports the WAVE Extensible Format
- Conversion between floating point PCM representation (as typically used on SHARC) and packed fixed point representation (as stored in the audio files)
- Handles 16/24/32 bits packed fixed point representation and 32 bit floating-point representation per sample per sample
- Supports the Blackfin® ADSP-BF5xx/ADSP-BF60x and SHARC® ADSP-214xx/ADSP-2136x processor families
Product DetailsThis library for the Blackfin and SHARC processors is an implementation of support for handling of WAV files and PCM data stored in files.
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
|Processor Family|| Code memory (KiB)
||Data RAM (KiB)||Constant Data Tables (KiB)|
- Data RAM for one instance includes Stack, Scratch, Instance/Stage, Minimum Input and Output Single Buffers.
- 1 KiB = 1024 Bytes.
| WAV Parsing
|| 156 Cycles/Byte
|| 218 Cycles/Byte
| Fix packed to Float PCM Conversion
|| 3.0 MIPS
|| 19 MIPS
| Float to Fix packed PCM Conversion
|| 3.6 MIPS
|| 20 MIPS
| Fix packed to fix 32-bit PCM Conversion
|| 3.0 MIPS
|| 4.5 MIPS
| Fix 32-bit to fix packed PCM Conversion
|| 3.5 MIPS
|| 5 MIPS
- This table highlights example SHARC and Blackfin processors and approximate MIPS performance per channel. Some processors with high speed external memory interfaces (32-bit versus 16-bit or DDR versus SDRAM) can help reduce overall MIPS requirements.
- The performance is similar regardless of the bit-width in the packed format.
- PCM Conversion MIPS is measured by assuming sampling frequency is 48 KHz.
- WAV parser performance is measured by using general 44-byte header wave files.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 8 Professional/Enterprise (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio latest release (preferred), or VisualDSP++ 5.1 for Analog Devices processors and its latest update.