Features and Benefits
- Transport Stream: External parsing for ADTS, ADIF, and MP4 file format. Parsers are supplied by ADI.
- Output Status: Sample rate, number of output channels, etc.
- Fast Forward / Rewind: Resynchronization function provided to allow the user to seek to and continue playback from random access points.
- Extended Test Vector Testing: Compliant with ISO/IEC test vectors and additional test vectors with unusual content.
- Error Codes: Reports up to 9 unique error codes, such as input buffer underflow and non-supported streams.
- Software Quality Standard: A report on the level of MISRA-C compliance for this module is available upon request.
- Target Processor: Code compatible across the SHARC ADSP-213xx and ADSP-214xx processors
- Conformance Standard: ISO/IEC 14496-3 (MPEG-4) AAC Profile at Level 5
- Reference Code Revision: ISO/IEC 14496-5:2001, March 2006
- Framework dependencies: None
- Release format: Object code module with C source wrapper
- Input format: Supports streams with MPEG-2 AAC-LC profile (ISO/IEC 13818-7) and MPEG-4 AAC-LC audio object (ISO/IEC 14496-3: 2005)
- Bit Rate: All bit rates specified by standard
- Output format: Supports up to 6 channels of 32-bit floating point (IEEE-754) PCM (normalized to within the range of -1.0 and +1.0), with configurable output buffer location (separate non-interleaved channel buffers)
- Sample Rate: All sample frequencies (up to 96 kHz) specified by the standard ISO/IEC 14496-3
- Multi-threading: Fully re-entrant and multi-instancing capable
This library for the SHARC processor is an implementation of the MPEG-4 AAC-LC (Low Complexity Advanced Audio Coding) decoder, which is conformant to the standard defined by ISO/IEC in MPEG-4 Audio. This version will support multi-channel audio (up to 6 output channels).
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
|SHARC Processor||Code memory (KiB)||Data RAM (KiB)||Constant Data Tables (KiB)|| MIPS
| ADSP-21469 / 21479 / 21489
- MIPS measured using a 5.1 vector (SCE+2*CPE+LFE+CCE(D)) with bit rate 373kpbs, Fs=48 kHz, internal memory code and data layout, on a SHARC ADSP-214xx processor.
- "Data RAM" for one instance, includes Stack, Scratch, Instance/State, Minimum Input and Output Single Buffers.
- Input buffer size is 4.5KiB and output buffer size is 24KiB for decoding 6 audio channels.
- Reduced code size for ADSP-21469 is due to the short-word instruction mode available for this processor family.
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.