Features and Benefits
- Target Processor: Code compatible across the SHARC ADSP-214xx processors
- Framework dependencies: None
- Release format: Object code module with C source wrapper
- Input and Output format: IEEE single-precision floating-point multi-channel PCM streams
- Output and Input buffer samples per block: Variable from 16 up to 1008 samples
- Sample Rate: Arbitrary, nominally 48 kHz
- Delay: Delay depends on the filter coefficient provided by the user. Refer to Dirac for detailed specifications.
- Multi-threading: Fully re-entrant and multi-instancing capable
- Output Status: Number of output samples per channel, number of input samples per channel consumed.
- Error Codes: Reports up to 10 unique error codes.
- Software Quality Standard: A report on the level of MISRA-C compliance for this module is included with the software package.
Product DetailsThis library for the SHARC processor is an implementation of an audio post-processing module specified by Dirac Research for the purpose of delivering premium automotive surround sound. This module can also be used to implement alternative Dirac algorithms such as Dirac Live®, Dirac Unison™, Dirac Panorama Sound™, and others. Developers should contact Dirac Research for further information.
Each module supports the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Blackfin or SHARC Processor family and is a licensed product that is available in object code format. Recipients must sign or accept a license agreement with ADI prior to being shipped or downloading the modules identified in the license agreement.
| SHARC Processor
|| Code RAM (KiB)
|| Data RAM (KiB)
|| Constant Data Tables (KiB)
- MIPS is measured using a 6-input 9-output configuration, optimal internal memory code and data layout with coefficient data stored in external memory, on a SHARC ADSP-214xx processor.
- The configuration features: 5.1 multi-channel input, 4 high-band, 4 mid-band and 1 low-band outputs, Fs=48 kHz, 384 samples per block, 2564/1858/900 taps for high-/mid-/low-band filters, 6 input caches.
- Memory usage depends on the actual channel configuration used in a system.
- "Data RAM" for one instance includes stack, scratch, instance/state, input and output single buffers.
- 1 KiB = 1024 Bytes.
- Input buffer size is 9KiB and output buffer size is 13.5KiB for mixing 6 input to 9 output audio channels, using 384 samples per block.
- DMA is used to access filter coefficients stored off-chip.
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit).
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.
- CrossCore® Embedded Studio for Analog Devices Processors.