Features and Benefits
- Integrates seamlessly with CrossCore Embedded Studio
- Processor independent interface
- Scalable RAM and ROM requirements
- Full FAT support including FAT12/16/32 and long file names (VFAT)
- POSIX-compatible interface for file and directory access
- Follows ANSI C and MISRA-C coding standards
- Device format and partition creation
- Support for multiple devices (RAMDisk, SD card, NAND Flash, IDE)
- Files names can be specified in Unicode (UTF-8)
Journaling component for fail-safe FAT operation is an optional and separately installable package.
Product DetailsµC/FS™ File System for CrossCore Embedded Studio is a compact, reliable, high-performance file system which is the result of collaboration between Analog Devices and Micriµm. It provides a user-friendly programming environment for µC/FS applications running on the Analog Devices Blackfin® processor family and seamlessly integrates with CrossCore Embedded Studio. It is based on clean, consistent ANSI C source code, with extensive comments describing most global variables and all functions. It supports the FAT file system for interoperability with all major operating systems. An optional journaling component provides fail-safe operation, while maintaining FAT compatibility. The journaling component is available for purchase separately through Analog Devices.
The memory footprint of μC/FS can be adjusted at compile time based on required features and the desired level of run-time argument checking. For applications with limited RAM, features such as cache and read/write buffering can be disabled; for applications with sufficient RAM, enabling these features improves performance.
μC/FS can access multiple media simultaneously, including multiple instances of the same type of medium (since all drivers are re-entrant). In addition, a logical device driver is provided so that a single file system can span several (typically identical) devices.
Part number: AD-UCFS-SPRD
CROSSCORE® Tools Support:
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
Micrium based CrossCore Software License Options
Single Product License
A Single Product License allows the licensee to embed the software into one specific customer identified end-product. Each end-product can be produced in an unlimited number of units, for the lifetime of that one specific end-product. An end-product refers to a product manufactured by the licensee using the software. Each end-product is assumed to contain a single microprocessor, microcontroller or DSP.
Product Line License (Product Family License)
A Product Line License (also known as a Product Family License) allows the licensee to embed the software into an unlimited number of different “Single Products? as long as each such product performs a similar function. For example, all commercial washing machines would be considered being part of a product family. Commercial “dryers? would be considered being part of a different family of products. Each end-product within the product family can be produced in an unlimited quantity, for the lifetime of the end-products belonging to the product family.
CPU-Type License (Platform License)
A CPU-Type License allows the licensee to embed the software into any number of different end-products using a single and specific processor type. The license holder may manufacture an unlimited number of units of each of these different end-products for the life of the end-product that uses the specific licensed processor type from ADI (or its affiliates). The processor type is defined as being part of the same family. For example; Blackfin® (for example, Blackfin® ADSP-BFxxx).
A Site License allows the licensee to embed the software into any end-product that uses any CPU as long as the products are designed at a single physical site. A site is defined as licensee facilities where a product is being developed and may consist of multiple buildings located within a two (2) mile radius building one or more end-products.
Common to all Micriµm based CrossCore Embedded Studio Add-in licenses:
- Licenses are royalty free.
- Licenses are perpetual for the life of the customer end-product.
- One year of maintenance is included with each license. The maintenance period begins when the product is first licensed.
- Subsequent years of maintenance are optional but highly recommended so that upgrades, improvements, bug fixes etc. are continually provided.
- For pricing on additional Micriµm based CrossCore Software license options, please Contact ADI
- For a more complete list of µC/USB Device Stack parts refer to this document
Maintenance Policy: A CrossCore Embedded Studio license includes one year of updates, upgrades and lifetime support. The optional annual maintenance provides access to updates and upgrades released during the maintenance period. Updates released after the maintenance period will not run until maintenance is renewed. Renewing maintenance provides instant access to all previous updates. Annual maintenance is 20% of book price for each license option, for additional information please Contact ADI.
Evaluation Version Reminder: A reminder that once your evaluation of uCOS-III or uCOS-II Real-Time Kernel for CrossCore Embedded Studio is complete, and you decide to use it in a commercial product, you must purchase a full license from Analog Devices to comply with our license terms and agreements.
Licensing to Colleges and Universities Policy: Developers from accredited colleges and universities can use µC/OS-III Real-Time Kernel for CCES without a license, as long as the software is used only for educational purposes or peaceful research.
- Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 Pro or Enterprise (32 and 64-bit)
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise (32 and 64-bit)
- 2 GHz single core processor; 3.3GHz dual core or better recommended
- 1 GB RAM; 4GB or more recommended
- 2 GB available disk space
- One open USB port
Software Manuals (2)
The Software Licensing Guide describes the licensing mechanism used by CrossCore Embedded Studio. It explains the different kinds of license and the conditions and implications of license expiry. It describes how to activate and validate licenses, and how to administer a corporate domain license.