Features and Benefits
- 2.8V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Proven Audio PCB Layout
- On-Board USB-to-I²C Interface Circuit
- On-Board USB-to-I²S Converter
- On-Board S/PDIF Transceiver
- On-Board Clock Source
- On-Board Digital Microphone
- Evaluates the MAX98088EWY+ in a 3.8mm x 3.3mm, 63-Bump WLP Package
- Windows XP-, Windows Vista-, and Windows 7-Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX98088 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that evaluates the MAX98088 audio codec. The MAX98088 IC is an integrated audio codec including microphone amplifiers, line amplifiers, an earpiece amplifier, stereo Class D amplifiers, stereo DirectDrive® headphone amplifiers, and digital signal processing. The EV kit also includes Windows XP®-, Windows Vista®-, and Windows® 7-compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for exercising the features of the IC.
The EV kit provides access to all analog and digital inputs/outputs on the IC. To enable easy connection to a wide range of audio sources, audio devices are included to convert both USB data and S/PDIF data to I²S.
The EV kit integrates a MAXQ2000 microcontroller to enable I²C communication with devices on the EV kit. The EV kit software, running on a Windows PC, communicates with the EV kit over a standard USB port. The EV kit software provides an intuitive interface to exercise the functions of the IC.
The EV kit comes with a MAX98088EWY+ installed.