Features and Benefits
- 4.5V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Drives 2 × 2.2W into a Pair of 4Ω Speakers
- Drives 2 × 63mW into a 16Ω Stereo Headphone
- Analog Volume Control
- Beep Input with Glitch Filter
- 100nA (typ) Shutdown Current
- Small 28-Pin TQFN Package (Also Available in 28-Pin TSSOP)
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- Evaluates MAX9752A/MAX9752B/MAX9752C/MAX9753/MAX9754 (IC Replacement Required)
The MAX9752A evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PC board that evaluates the MAX9752A as well as the MAX9752B/MAX9752C/MAX9753/MAX9754 ICs. All of these Class D amplifiers drive stereo bridge-tied-load (BTL) speakers and a stereo headphone. The ICs' high efficiency make them well suited for portable audio applications.
The speaker amplifiers operate from a 4.5V to 5.5V DC power supply, and deliver 2.2W continuous power into a pair of 4Ω speakers. Three different speaker output configurations are available for ease of evaluation.
The headphone amplifiers operate from a 3V to 5.5V DC power supply, and deliver up to 63mW per channel into a 16Ω stereo headphone. When the switch on the headphone jack detects the insertion of a headphone, the MAX9752A automatically enters the headphone mode from the speaker mode.
The MAX9752A EV kit maximum gain is jumper selectable. The EV kit features an analog volume control and an audible alert input for evaluating the MAX9752A/MAX9752B/MAX9752C. The volume control and audible alert input can be reconfigured to accept a second audio source when evaluating the MAX9753, which features a 2:1 multiplexer that allows two audio sources to feed the EV kit.