Features and Benefits
- 2.4V to 5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Drives Two Channels at 70mW per Channel into a 16Ω load, 130mW per Channel into a 32Ω load
- ≤ 2µA Shutdown Current
- Evaluates the MAX9722A or MAX9722B (IC and Component Replacement Required)
- Small 16-Pin TQFN (3mm x 3mm) Package
- Available in 16-Pin TSSOP Package
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX9722A evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that uses the MAX9722A to drive a stereo headphone in portable audio applications. The MAX9722A is a differential stereo headphone driver with DirectDrive®. Maxim's DirectDrive technology eliminates the need for DC-blocking capacitors on the output of the amplifier. Designed to operate from a 2.4V to 5.5V DC power supply, the EV kit is capable of delivering up to 70mW per channel into a 16Ω load or 130mW per channel into a 32Ω load and 0.009% THD+N at 1kHz.
The EV kit can also be used as a line driver that provides 2VRMS into a 1kΩ load from a single 5V supply. The MAX9722A EV kit also evaluates the MAX9722B.
- Cell Phones
- Flat-Panel Monitors
- MP3 Players
- Notebook and Desktop PCs
- Portable Audio Equipment