Features and Benefits
- Two 2A Step-Down Converters (OUT1, OUT2)
- Programmable Output Voltage (0.6V to 3.3875V in 50mV Steps) Through I2C Bus
- Programmable Output-Voltage Slew Rate (12.5mV/µs to 50mV/µs)
- Dynamic Switching Between Two Output Voltages Through VID_ Pins
- 4.4MHz Step-Down Switching Allows for 1µH Inductors
- Two 300mA LDOs, Four 150mA LDOs
- COUT = 1µF for All LDOs
- RoHS Compliant
The MAX8967 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB for evaluating the MAX8967, which is a µPMIC with two step-down switching converters and six LDOs. The step-down converters deliver up to 2A of output current independently. Two of the LDOs deliver a load current up to 300mA, while four of the LDOs deliver up to 150mA. Both step-down converters have remote sense, allowing accurate load regulation. The device operates over a 2.6V to 5.5V input supply range.
The IC supports dynamic adjustment of the output voltage through its I2C interface. Each step-down converter has two register settings for output voltage and a setting for ramp rate. Each step-down converter has a dedicated enable pin and a dedicated VID_ pin to toggle between the two programmed output voltages. Additionally, an interrupt output is provided, allowing the device to signal its master.
- Cellular Handsets and Smartphones
- Portable Devices
Documentation & Resources
MAX8967EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX8967 Data Sheet (Rev. 0)12/21/20121M