Features and Benefits
- Battery Temperature Monitor Adjusts Charge Current and Termination Voltage Automatically
- Potentiometer Adjustment Available
- 0603 Thermistor Footprint Available
- Advanced Thermistor Configuration Available (R21, R22)
- Thermistor Enable Input (THMEN)
- Adjustable Input-Current Limit and Fast-Charge Current Limit
- Fast-Charge Current Limit: 750mA and 1.5A (JU5)
- USB Input-Current Limit: 475mA and 95mA (PEN1, PEN2)
- DC Input-Current Limit Up to 2A (R2)
- Status LED Indicators: Active-Low DOK, Active-Low UOK, Active-Low CHG, Active-Low DONE, Active-Low FLT, and Active-Low OT
- USB Suspend Logic Input
- 3.3V Always-On LDO
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX8934A evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit for evaluating the MAX8934A dual-input linear charger and Smart Power Selector™ with advanced temperature monitoring.
The EV kit charges a single-cell lithium-ion (Li+) battery from either a DC input (AC adapter) or a USB 100mA/500mA source, and provides system power from the DC input, USB input, or battery. The DC input has a resistor-adjustable current limit up to 2A, while the USB input-current limit is logic programmable to 100mA/500mA. USB suspend mode is also supported. The charge current limit is adjustable from 300mA to 1.5A. The system load has priority over the charger, so charge current is reduced as necessary to prevent input overload. Charge current is also thermally regulated. Advanced battery temperature monitoring adjusts charge current and termination voltage automatically.
The EV kit comes standard with the MAX8934A installed, but can also be used to evaluate the MAX8934B, MAX8934C, MAX8934D, and MAX8934E by replacing the MAX8934A (U1) with the MAX8934_. Request a free sample of the MAX8934_ when ordering the EV kit.
- Digital Still Cameras and Digital Video Cameras
- Handheld Game Systems
- PDAs, Palmtop, and Wireless Handhelds
- Portable Media, MP3 Players, and PNDs