Features and Benefits
- Simple Stand-Alone Li+ Charger
- Safely Precharges Deeply Discharged Li+ Cells (MAX8808X)
- 4.25V to 15V Input Voltage Range
- 7V Overvoltage-Protection Threshold
- Resistor-Programmable Charge Current Up to 1A
- Charge-Current Monitor by a Resistor
- +115°C Die Temperature Regulation
- Active-Low ACOK Output
- No Prequalification (MAX8808Y/MAX8808Z)
- Tiny 2mm x 2mm, 8-Pin TDFN Package
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX8808 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that demonstrates the highly integrated MAX8808X/MAX8808Y/MAX8808Z linear battery chargers for single-cell lithium-ion (Li+) batteries. The EV kit safely charges a single Li+ battery to 4.2V. The EV kit accepts power supply inputs of 4.25V to 15V, but disables charging when the input voltage exceeds 7V. An enable input to the EV kit allows the user to disable and enable the charger. An LED on the board indicates the status of the charging cycle.
- Cell Phones/Cordless Phones
- Charging Cradles and Docks
- Digital Still Cameras and MP3 Players
- Smartphones and PDAs
- USB Appliances
Documentation & Resources
MAX8808EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX8808 Data Sheet (Rev. 0)11/23/2005490K
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.