Features and Benefits
- 12V Hot-Swap Controller for 25W or 50W Applications
- Programmable Overcurrent Protection
- EN and LPEN Inputs for Flexible Sequencing
- Power-Good Output
- Adjustable Turn-On Ramp
- 16V Absolute Maximum Rating
- Soft-Start Overcurrent Protection During Turn-On
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Timed Current-Regulation Period (Optional)
- 100ns IC Response Time to Output Dead Short
- Adjustable Overvoltage Protection
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX8533 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board demonstrating the MAX8533 to be a versatile, single-port, 12V, Infiniband® (IB)-compliant hot-swap controller. The MAX8533 integrates several features that allow for reliable insertion and removal of the circuit card as well as real-time fault protection of abnormal occurrences. The MAX8533 allows for an adjustable soft-start ramp during turn-on of the input voltage while providing overcurrent protection. It also provides accurate and consistent current- regulated outputs for a programmable period of time to latchoff and soft-start in the presence of overcurrent (OC) conditions. Additionally, it provides a second level of severe overcurrent (SOC) protection by responding to a dead short in 100ns.
The MAX8533 EV kit incorporates a power-good (POK) open-drain output that can easily be pulled up to the input voltage or to another logic level using a jumper. Two enable inputs, EN (logic enable) and LPEN (local power enable), provide flexible sequencing.
The MAX8533 EV kit comes with an edge-card connector backplane board that is used to verify the hot-swap function.
- 12V Hot-Swap
- Blade Servers
- Hot-Swap/Plug/Dock Power Management
- Infiniband® Bulk Power
- Network Routers and Switches