Features and Benefits
- 8-Character Red 5 x 7 Matrix Cathode-Row Display
- SPI-Compatible Serial Interface
- Operates from a 2.7V to 5.5V Supply Range
- Reconfigurable for Standalone Operation with an External Microcontroller
- Easy-to-Use Menu-Driven Software
- Windows 95/98/2000-Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX6952 evaluation kit (EV kit) is an assembled and tested printed circuit board (PCB) that demonstrates the MAX6952 SPI™-interfaced four-digit 5 x 7 matrix LED display driver. Two cascaded MAX6952s are used to drive eight 5 x 7 monocolor matrix displays. The EV kit is powered by a user-supplied 2.7VDC to 5.5VDC power supply. The SPI-compatible serial interface is connected to an IBM-compatible PC parallel port for easy evaluation. The EV kit can be reconfigured for interfacing to a user's microcontroller for standalone operation.
Windows® 95/98/2000-compatible software provides a user-friendly interface to demonstrate the features of the MAX6952 IC. The program is menu driven and offers a graphic interface with control buttons.
- Audio/Video Equipment
- Gaming Machines
- Industrial Displays
- Medical Equipment
- Message Boards