Features and Benefits
- Three Synchronous DC-DC Buck Converter Outputs from a Single HV input
- Wide 7V to 60V Input Range for HV Converter
- Optional External Supply Input connections for LV Converters (4.5V to 5.5V for LVA, and 2.7V to 5.5V for LVB)
- Programmed 5V/1.5A Output for HV Buck and 3.3V/1A & 1.8V/1A Output for LV Buck Converters
- 400KHz Switching Frequency for HV Buck and 2MHz Switching Frequency for LV Buck
- High 93% Efficiency (VINH = 12V, VOUT = 5V at 0.45A) for HV Buck. 94% Efficiency for LV Buck
- Enable/UVLO Input, Resistor-Programmable UVLO Threshold for HV Buck Converter
- Programmed 1ms Soft-Start Time for HV Buck Converter, and Internal 4096 Clock Cycles Soft-Start Time for LV Buck Converters
- Selectable PWM and PFM Modes of Operation
- Independent Power OK (POK_) Outputs for the Three Converters
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- Low-Profile, Surface-Mount Components
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX17673EVKIT# evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX17673 60V, 1.5A high efficiency, synchronous buck converter with integrated, dual 5V, 1A buck converters. The EV kit is preset for 5V output at a load current of up to 1.5A from the high voltage (HV) buck converter, and 3.3V and 1.8V outputs at load currents up to 1A each from the low voltage (LV) buck converters. The HV buck converter is programmed to operate at 400kHz, and the LV buck converters are programmed to operate at 2MHz, for optimum efficiency and component sizes. The output of the HV buck converter is connected to the input of the LV buck converters. The EV kit features adjustable input undervoltage lockout and soft-start for the HV buck converter, and Power OK (POK_) signals for all three buck converters. The MAX17673 IC data sheet provides a complete description of the part that should be read in conjunction with this data sheet prior to operating the EV kit.
- Base Station Power Supplies
- Distributed Supply Regulation
- FPGA/CPLD Power Supplies
- High Voltage Single Board Systems
- Industrial Control Power Supplies
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.