Features and Benefits
- 14V to 60V Input-Voltage Range for the Step-Down Converter
- 12V Output Voltage, Up To 50mA Continuous Load Current
- 95% Peak Efficiency
- Minimum Number of External Components
- 400kHz Switching Frequency
- Resistor Programmable Input Enable-Undervoltage (EN/UV) and Hysteresis (HYST)
- Internal Loop Compensation
- 3.2ms (typ) Internal Soft-Start Time
- Open-Drain Active-Low RESET Output to Monitor Output Voltage
- Hiccup-mode Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX17553C evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that demonstrates the performance of the MAX17553C, a 4V to 60V, 50mA, Ultra-Small, High Efficiency, Synchronous Step-Down DC-DC converter in an 8-pin TDFN (2mm x 2mm) package. The EV kit is designed to operate over a 14V to 60V input and provides a 12V, 50mA output. The EV kit is set up to turn ON at 20V(max) and turn OFF at 14V(max) using EN/UV and HYST pins. The step-down converter is programmed to switch at a 400kHz frequency and delivers a peak efficiency of 95% with supplied components.
The EV kit is simple to use and easily configurable with minimal external components. The MAX17553C features programmable input EN/UV and HYST threshold, programmable frequency, and an open-drain active-low RESET signal. The device offers built-in hiccup mode protection for over-load and short circuit conditions, and thermal shutdown. The EV kit is complaint with CISPR32 class B standard.
- Factory Automation
- Aftermarket Market Automotive
- General Point of Load
Documentation & Resources
MAX17553CEVKIT ODB Files - Design Files9/18/2023
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.